Air Products phone interview

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by bigboy73, May 28, 2013.

1. bigboy73

bigboy73 Bobtail Member

May 26, 2013
    lewisbrug, ohio
    I have a phone interview this week with Air Products and Chemicals. Can anyone give me some insight on how this process works. I have never done a phone interview. I am a little nervous about it. I have interviewed well in the past but that was face to face. Than you for any information.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Upright

Upright Medium Load Member

Jul 13, 2012
    California's Best City
    They pretty much want to know what your experience is. This is how they screen prospective applicants. Then im sure they will schedule you for another interview in person. Whats intimidating to me is when you have a panel interview with like 5 people in the room giving interview. Go otr with the megas. No interview. just pre orientation paperwork to get ok to schedule orientation. Haha

4. JSmithA

JSmithA Bobtail Member

May 29, 2013
    It will the HR department. It means your application looks good on paper. He/She just wants to get a feeling for what you're all about over the phone before sending you over to the terminal/plant to meet face to face with the hiring manager (Your potential boss). If the hiring manager thinks you're ok then you will be scheduled for a driving test and drug test. Don't be nervous about the interview. You won't get any Jeopardy type questions or some crazy math test. They just want to know about you, so tell them. Remember that this is a Chemicals company with a bunch of drivers. Be professional throughout the whole process. Good luck. It's a great company.

Miguel562 Thanks this.
  5. bigboy73

bigboy73 Bobtail Member

May 26, 2013
    lewisbrug, ohio
    I had my phone interview today. Boy it was a lot of information in a short time. It was very detailed and informative. I was not nervous at before hand but afterwards all the nerves kicked in. I was told that I will know by Tuesday if I made the cut. They are only taking the top 3 for a face to face interview for 1 spot open. All I can say is wow about the phone interview. I hope I didn't mess anything up. The company sounds like an awesome place to work and they have awesome benefits.

6. fuzzeymateo

fuzzeymateo Heavy Load Member

May 20, 2013
    AZ
    They have a pretty good reputation. If you're looking at getting into cryogenics there are other companies so if you don't get it I would apply somewhere else. In your part of the country, I would imagine there are more opportunities. Praxair, Air Products and Air Liquide all pay good at least from what I've been told. I work for one of them, Air Liquide and the money is outstanding.

7. Edjahman

Edjahman Medium Load Member

Apr 2, 2013
    Air Liquide is awesome! I work for them out of Northern California.

8. Jokingypsy

Jokingypsy Medium Load Member

Jan 4, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    Does anyone know of any cryogenic work out of Baltimore, MD?

9. Miguel562

Miguel562 Bobtail Member

Feb 27, 2016
    I know this is an older post but if your still around LOL and working for Air Products I have a face-to-face interview. What type of questions do they ask any help will be very appreciated

10. Edjahman

Edjahman Medium Load Member

Apr 2, 2013
    I'm a contractor now and I pull for Air Products all over the country The company drivers I speak to hate it. Bad pay... Bad equipment. Sounds like my old job.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.