Almost ready to become an owner operator.

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by 2jz-gte, Oct 7, 2015.

1. 2jz-gte

2jz-gte Light Load Member

Jun 1, 2015
    I have a 2002 Peterbilt 379 in now good working order. Also have enough to put down a decent down payment on a flatbed. My question is where do I go to find semi local work? I met a guy a couple of months ago who only runs Florida, delivering to home depot and lowes. He didn't seem to want to go into detail of how he got that kind of work. So I would like to know where do I go or who do I contact. Thanks in advance.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. hyena

hyena Bobtail Member

Sep 22, 2015
    Orlando Florida
    You might want to stay out of Florida the rate sucks. If you lease on with a company locally 14 - 18 , if you run own authority 18 -24

4. 77fib77

77fib77 Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2010
    St Louis
    I would guess and this is a guess. Start knocking on doors in business parks and see what they need and who they use. But im sure they know that rates are low in florida. Call/stop by Lowes and see who they use.

5. icsheeple

icsheeple Trailing the Herd

Nov 1, 2013
    Kansas City, KS
    You don't have your location in your profile. Are you in FL? The guy running local may or may not be getting the best rates, you never know.

Are you leasing onto a carrier or pulling your own numbers?

6. G/MAN

G/MAN Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2010
    You can either contact brokers, post on loadboards or knock on doors. If there is a particular company that you want to do business you could just call them on the phone or make a personal appearance and talk with them.

2jz-gte Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.