Am I the only one left who likes outdated decor?

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by volvo244t, Aug 22, 2015.

1. volvo244t

volvo244t Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Bettendorf, IA
    They already updated the restaurant there, sadly. Never been in the showers there though. I do love the blue-green roof tiles that place has.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    popcorn ceilings must be your thing too

4. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    I was told by the lady running that place that this isn't a Pilot, no Pilot coffee or rewards, but the points for fuel and showers do load, and you can get a shower there from the system.. Just like Road Rangers, except that one is the only one.

Now, on the other side of FT. Wayne, the Hubble House at the J is where I was informed that those franchises are no longer part of the PFJ corporate empire. BTW, I liked that one and they do have very good waffles at many of them. Took my wife there for breakfast on our way out east for vacation.

5. realdesertkickin

realdesertkickin Heavy Load Member

Nov 18, 2013
    Tustoned Arizona
    TTT truckstop in Tucson is a heartbreaker....Best food ever, been there forever, all the pictures of famous folk on the walls, old school waitresses, sassy, bee hive hairstyle, hotel rooms upstairs etc etc
    They have to close soon, pilot moved in on top of them, owners say they aint gonna make it

When I was at Central, the day came where they told us, 'no more fueling at TTT".....I was bummed...still bummed!!!

I understand it all...But I dont like a bunch of it!!!

25(2)+2 Thanks this.
  6. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    OMG that is the best you could do on vacation?

truckon Thanks this.
  7. realdesertkickin

realdesertkickin Heavy Load Member

Nov 18, 2013
    Tustoned Arizona
    ^^^ha ha, no doubt...find a hometown buffet or something, live a little!!!

SInce theres a nostalgia theme here, go with "Sir georges" or "knights in"

8. 25(2)+2

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    I have fun, all things considered, but seeing her family is important to her. Maybe too important. Family is in PA, so I saw a lot of the Susquehanna Valley.

I got sunburned and still peeling here and there while at Atlantic City, so I have finally been in the water at an ocean.
    I'm wearing a full wet suit in a reflective color if I ever get near a beach again, jk, but the surf came up while we were there, and I got burned on the side away from the sun(reflected off sand and water, I'm guessing).

PA was pretty this year.

9. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Yeah, I'll just get you got peeled in Atlantic City, and I be thinkin' it WASN'T from the sun! Hopefully you kept enough money to get home on, without having to hitch hike!:D

25(2)+2 Thanks this.
  10. toymaker

toymaker Light Load Member

Jan 19, 2013
    Missouri
    Actually, they're those square tile ceilings. Several were hanging down to the point I wasn't sure what was keeping them up there.

truckon Thanks this.
  11. 25(2)+2

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled

It's this weird 'any time of the day or night' driving(or maybe it's the ability (and curse of) to be awakened by anything at any time, but I really can't take that much sunlight. I was up by where Cranky hangs out the other night in the rain and I was probably getting burned from all of those LED billboards along I-41, they should dim those darned things at night especially when it's raining.

I'm starting to believe in vampires:biggrin_2551:.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.