Am I Unhireable ?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by SteveWP, Apr 25, 2012.

1. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    That's not a MVR, it's a rap sheet! :)

With CSA2010 you are considered a liability is why they didn't hire you back. The company doesn't want to inherit your history.

What's your points status? Four tickets in 2 years you have to be close to suspension.

Your best bet is working for an OO or driving local for a small outfit.

Onetruckpony and aiwiron Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gizmo_Man

Gizmo_Man Road Train Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Hardly around

What I bolded, and underlined.

TO YOU, they are a bunch of BS tickets. Typical reaction from a driver that gets a ticket (or in your case, MULTIPLE tickets), I would say. As NO driver ever deserves a ticket. Is that what you are saying??

In any event, your past has caught up with you, and YES any company can AND WILL deny you employment.

good luck.

I sincerely hope your mom is better however and taking time off to help her is commendable.

But it doesn't give you any "free pass" to get a job.

MazelTruck and Onetruckpony Thank this.
  4. BigBadBill

BigBadBill Bullishly Optimistic

Oct 2, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    How is it that so many drivers can go years and years and never run into these out of control cops that are just looking to write an innocent truck driver a ticket and others always seem to find them.

Makes you wonder.

5. Onetruckpony

Onetruckpony Medium Load Member

Jun 11, 2011
    Best thing about this is that you left before they fired you.

joshuapowell61 Thanks this.
  6. aiwiron

aiwiron Road Train Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Sunny Tampa Florida
    You tore a mudflap off mid trip, well why did you not replace it? Did not notice it tells me you did not perform the required inspection, so sorry for your lack of concern. Maybe having a time out will make you think twice and not do the things that had the tickets.

Not flaming you at all, just some tough love.

Gizmo_Man Thanks this.
  7. spacetrucker88

spacetrucker88 Heavy Load Member

they don't happen to call you lucky do they?

8. SteveWP

SteveWP Bobtail Member

Apr 25, 2012
    Bakersfield,Ca
    No worries, and yes certainly i have changed my behavior receiving these tickets for example I measure my kingpin distance every time now to make sure I get my bridge adjustment correct, and I never take my seat belt off unless in the sleeper,fueling etc. when I inspect my trailer's now I tug on the mudflaps to make sure there securely attached.

I have a question for you and well anybody actually.
    You hook to a trailer do your inspection (trk,trailer) everything is good and off you go, now what I do is every time I have to take a potty break or fuel up I do a walk around my trk-trailer. Now how often should you pull over to do a walk around while your under load outside of potty breaks and fueling up ? once an hour ? every 2 hours ?

For this mudflap ticket the situation went like this, hook the trailer do your inspection everything is cool, off I went, 3hrs later I cross a scale and get busted for a mudflap, now i could have stopped and checked out my trailer again during that 3hr period I didn't why I did not need to fuel or take a potty break in that time period. (The bizarre thing about this was that the mudflap wasn't completely gone it looked like it was torn diagonally in half )

The logical and most obvious conclusion is that I brain farted my initial inspection and it is possible that I did that, but I recall how pissed I felt because I did my truck/trailer inspection only a few hrs ago that day. It's been long enough ago that I can't say with certainty one way or the other. I still would like to know how often folks do a walk around outside of potty breaks and fuel stops ?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  9. SteveWP

SteveWP Bobtail Member

Apr 25, 2012
    Bakersfield,Ca
    No that's not what I am saying at all. There are lot's of things where a driver more then deserves a ticket for infractions such as DUI,speeding, breaks worn out or out of adjustment, causing harm to people or property are just a few that cross my mind.

Thank you for your good wishes for my mom, she is recovering slowly chemo beats the living heck out of a person esp when old, I would not have even started looking for work if my brother and sister had not promised to start shouldering some of the responsibility of caring for her. I don't know where you got the idea that I thought my sick mom would give me a "free pass" to get a job and yes I know that trucking employment is I think they call it "At Will".

10. aiwiron

aiwiron Road Train Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Sunny Tampa Florida
    I walk around the entire rig every time I stop, it is a habit learned. Yes I also check things out and it is good to stretch as well, I am not saying everyone should do it.

Also learned to keep a spare mudflap with me as well, tools also. Company truck or not that is the way I roll.

11. SteveWP

SteveWP Bobtail Member

Apr 25, 2012
    Bakersfield,Ca
    hi, I am not sure how to go about checking my point status, how would I go about checking on my point status ? thank you.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.