AM talk radio anywhere w/out data usage or satellite radio

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by TheDude1969, Dec 29, 2015.

1. TheDude1969

TheDude1969 Heavy Load Member

Jun 10, 2013
    Joliet, Il
    NOTE: providing you have good coverage and unlimited talk time on your phone.

I haven't seen this mentioned in any recent posts, so I'll throw it out there and hopefully help a few tight arse's like myself. Dial the number to the talk show host you like from the list of hosts @

Talkstreamlive. com
    Accessradio. am

They work okay when your desperate, but nothing you'd want to stream music over.

If anyone has more links like this I'd luv to try them!

G13Tomcat and rachi Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    An option some may not be turned on to is pod-casting. download a bunch of stuff when at home and listen later. It's somewhat dated, though.

I like my XM radio. Sucks some of the AM stations Rush airs on have reduced their power so much you can't hear them but for about 30 miles.

4. BuckeyeKev

BuckeyeKev Light Load Member

Aug 26, 2015
    Cincinnati, O-H-I-O
    You mean there are other AM stations than WLW?

CrappieJunkie Thanks this.
  5. Naptown

Naptown Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Indiana
    I slipseat and never know what truck I'll be in, and I try to limit the amount of stuff I have to carry around. Podcasts and music downloaded to my phone are a good alternative to lugging around a radio box with all the goodies. If the truck I'm in has a radio I just plug it in and go. If not, I have a bluetooth speaker I stick on the dash.

TheDude1969 Thanks this.
  6. Mudguppy

Mudguppy Degenerate Immoralist

Apr 28, 2014
    Wooley Swamp
    I use Iheartradio, and have been happy with it. Granted, it's only stations owned by Clear Channel, but there's hundreds of 'em . Plus you can listen to individual songs as well.

Since I'm such a nice guy *cough* I found a station with all the big ones (Rush,Sean, Levin). Here you go-

http://www.iheart.com/live/news-radio-1290-wjno-705/

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.