any thoughts of going OTR again have been squashed

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by rbrtwbstr, Sep 11, 2015.

1. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    Since I run local, I have next to no use for truckstops anymore. However, this morning I decided to stop at the Loves in Lickdale Pa for a sammich. I drive around the parking lot, back in to a spot, as it should be. Then I open the door of my truck and am greeted with an overwhelming smell of urine and dookie. I look down before climbing out and there's the bag on the ground. We all have seen these I'm sure. Well, I step over it and make my way across the parking lot, and it occurs to me there's trash and little bags of dookie all over the place.

And then we wonder why the truckstops are turning into glorified gas stations. And we wonder why John Q Public hates us. And why local municipalities don't want more of these places.

I'm no tree hugger, or germophobe, but come on, seriously??? Hey, if you have explosive diarrhea, and won't make it across the lot, I understand. But for the love of God, please throw your bag of craps in the trash.

As Buford T. Justice would say "what the heck is the world coming to?"

End of rant

truckon, icsheeple and That girl rocks Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. browndawg

browndawg Medium Load Member

Dec 20, 2013
    Rock Island, IL
    I was taking a 10 at the Loves in Pittsboro IN one time and low and behold I watched another driver take a five gallon bucket from his cab (no lid mind you). Watched this dirtball dump it right on the ground, it was full with solids and everything.

4. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    if that's his truck and he wants to crap where he eats works and sleeps, ok. but if it's a company truck, how can such behavior go unnoticed by someone in the shop and why would this be tolerated? Those odors don't magically go away. Want to buy that used truck?

5. DoubleO7

DoubleO7 Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    I've never made brown in a truck, and would only do so in an extremely desperate situation.

LLaneShane1958 Thanks this.
  6. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    i care not what anyone does inside their truck, company or owner op. But dont throw your friggin bags of dookie in the truckstop parking lots! there's trash cans for that ( or that pesky driver tailgating with their brights blinding you)

Just makes me wonder where common courtesy has gone

7. Canned Spam

Canned Spam Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2010
    STL
    I always thought the drivers wore the Wal Mart bags, they come in a multitude of sizes, like diapers so they wouldn't have to stop. One leg thru each of the handle holes, then pull'em on up. Then at the truck stop they just shimmy that bag down, toss it out the window, then walk straight to the buffet.

8. ErikN

ErikN Light Load Member

Feb 1, 2014
    Washington state
    It's like at my employers yard we permit our OTR drivers with certain companies to take tens in our yard, and usually when I walk through the truck lot to get my tractor I'll come across pee bottles and stuff.

Before long sleeping at the yard won't be allowed I'm sure.

9. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Yep that's discusting the lack of respect truckers have for other people's property.I would have moved my trk before getting out.

That girl rocks and speedoflite2 Thank this.
  10. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    You need a can of Lysol to spray on the floor and keep your shoes limited to a small area.

I'm no gemophobe but we are almost walking through a sewer.

Toddsurfs, icsheeple and pattyj Thank this.
  11. ErikN

ErikN Light Load Member

Feb 1, 2014
    Washington state
    Without washing their hands you forgot

Hence why I try to warn everyone not to eat the petro buffet

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.