Anyone work for GreatWide?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by LadyDallasDriver, Sep 6, 2008.

1. WorldofTransportation

WorldofTransportation Heavy Load Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Your mother

Its funny we have drivers that NEVER look at their paperwork.. There is no telling how much the company makes off of them.. Just figure $10 a week per truck they have like 6200 o/0's or so they say.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. scotty

scotty Light Load Member

Feb 22, 2007
    I just resigned from Greatwide, talked with the terminal manager gave a two week notice and agreeded on the date that I would turn in fuel card, ID badge and keys. That took place and I kept to the terms of leaving and was due a 250.00 deposit that was taken out of my paycheck. Last day I asked the manager and he said that a check would be mailed to me. According to the agreement that was to take ten day now going on two weeks. Checked my online payroll site at my status and found that they had entered termination wich that I would never get my money back. Do not work or trust anything Greatwide they tell you.

4. gator bait

gator bait Bobtail Member

Jan 7, 2011
    climax,co
    Check out the csa profile,holy heck its real bad,so is am

5. WorldofTransportation

WorldofTransportation Heavy Load Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Your mother
    That is what happens when drivers have to decide between taking care of their equipment or their family... Oh and the people at the home office have to worry about their bonus and not their equipment..

6. good for nuthin'

good for nuthin' Light Load Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Las Vegas NV
    I work for greatwide in their distribution and logistics division.I'm a company driver.The O/O that I have talked to are pretty satisfied,at least most of them, I have heard a few horror(starving stories though).As for me they are a 50/50 company.They kept me alive during this recession,but at the same time they are very cheap when it comes to fixing anything on my equipment.(unfortunatly, i drive one of the very few trucks they actually own, and not lease) Ive been here for four years and the one thing most O/Op's have told me, is if you get into the dedicated wal mart loads, you'll be pretty busy.

7. Chickenbone

Chickenbone Bobtail Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Florida
    PLANT CITY - A Dallas-based transportation company has announced plans to shut down its Winter Haven operations and lay off about 131 employees.
    Local workers at Greatwide Dedicated Transport learned Tuesday that their last day on the job will be April 2.
    Greatwide Chief Marketing Officer Richard Metzler said all but about 25 of the workers to be laid off are truck drivers.
    Greatwide is the nation's second largest provider of dedicated refrigerated transportation and offers services to several major grocery store chains including Publix

8. patmat

patmat Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2011

What terminal did you work at? The temrinal I worked for held all $ for 14 days after they terminated your lease. Not from the time you gave notice but the from the time they actually process the paperwork. Then there is a 14 day hold at which time all $ should be released back to you on your comdata card. A lot of times they forget to turn the card back on and you have to call the leasing person at the terminal and have them contact corporate to turn it back on for you. This should only take an hour tops and can be done 14 days after termination. You might not be out that money even though you can't access the card. You should call someone about it.

9. patmat

patmat Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2011

What is the CSA profile??

10. patmat

patmat Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2011

Dont make life changes based on the walmart dedicated. Even if you are able to get on the list (which is nearly impossible) things like this change all the time on the wal mart side so you can't count on it. One day you have a dedicated load (which is actually completely unfair to other contractors, at least the way it plays out. If the ideal of dedicated was really followed it would be great but the way it actually happens ends up really hurting lots of other drivers) anyway even if you have a cushy dedicated run you could come in tomorrow and everything be completely different. Maybe you are taken off dedicated, maybe they completely got rid of dedicated, maybe walmart changed the way they route and another DC is taking over that run all together so your just out of luck... Think about what all could go wrong and plan around that. That way you will always be prepared.

11. southpoint123

southpoint123 Light Load Member

Feb 4, 2011
    winter haven fl
    i agree i worked for a company southpoint greatwide bought it out in winter haven fl run it right in ground shutting doors in one month you can read about it i was at southpoint for 6 years doing real well now i am hopeing to get my deposit they allways have some kind of excuse anybody tells me something about them i can show you were they run a company in ground i hate them for it

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.