Application was just accepeted for PRIME. Start orientation January

Discussion in 'Prime' started by Broshears, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Broshears

Broshears Medium Load Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Pleasant Hill, Mo
    Well. A little update; took the ACE2 class it was a really good class I now understand the settlements better and overall was really good.

I can work on shifting a little bit according to them and their famous line of drive slower..

It's interesting as out of everyone there I had the best revenue per mile most people was at 1.20 and second highest was 1.34 I was at a 1.54

Going to try and cut my expenses down mainly my fuel going to try my best to drive a little slower instead of 65 all the time..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PChase

PChase Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Show Me State
    Winters in Springfield are unpredictable; some winters are very mild, others have brought ice storms that kill power and cripple the city and surrounding communities for two weeks or more. I've seen snow accumulations of up to 18" in a matter of hours.

Basicly in trucking is like the Boy Scouts... Be prepared.

One day you could be in northeast Maine in a place where plowed snow on the sides of the roads is 12' high. Three days later youre in Texas where it's 70* outside.

Wintertime is actualy a better way to go for training. It's like a crash course ( not trying to be funny) in learning on different road conditions.

Be prepared, go to Walmart and get ( in camping gear) a "Frogtog" poncho. It fold up compact and stows away easy. Bring a heavy coat and warm winter clothes. Bring clothes for fairer weather. Be mindful of the space you'll be taking up with your clothes as well. You could be restricted to keeping your threads on the end if your bunk with a possible cubby hole .

Chucktshoes Thanks this.
  4. Ketchikan baby

Ketchikan baby Light Load Member

Jul 17, 2015
    THANK you, Ironpony!!!

5. Eager Driver

Eager Driver Bobtail Member

Apr 28, 2016
    Hey how's it going I'm most likely going to prime soon (just waiting to see if I get accepted) and I've just read your entire thread. It's pretty inspiring how's it going for you? I see you haven't posted in a few months and was wondering if your still running with them. I'm not sure if they work weekends but I'll contact my recruiter tomorrow and see if I got accepted fingers crossed.

FullMetalJacket Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.