Attn. Orgegon Trucker

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Germanudo, May 2, 2016.

1. Germanudo

Germanudo Bobtail Member

Jan 24, 2014
    WV
    Hi there, I got a question about some roads in Oregon. I'll move this week finally to OR coming from the east coast. I'm not really sure which route i should take .I got everything routed to Utah I80 junction I84 from there to Winston ,Or. I got two routes I can take.......Stay on I80 to Reno and then 395 N or take I 84 N (Idaho) to Ontario.ID , then 20 W to Burns, then 395 S to Christmas Valley all the way to 97, then N to 138W to Roseburg.

According to google maps the way over Ontario, ID is 200 miles shorter then driving over Reno. Is it worse to take the shorter route or will I loose more time because of some back roads ?

I wont be driving my Rig, I'll be driving a 16' Box truck w Trl and a car on it.

What do you guys think, which road should I take. Thank's in advance for any help.

Last edited: May 2, 2016
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. OK

Screenshot_2016-05-02-22-11-27-1.png

I have run this road ALOT. Just head to Reno,NV.
    Take 395n to 44 then take 89 to i-5 to roseburg

Nice run not to hectic. Google it a bit

MJ1657 Thanks this.
  4. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    that sign that says Shasta-Trinity national forest,,, that's gods country...

peterbilt_2005 Thanks this.
  5. KriegHund

KriegHund Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2015
    On a hill south of heaven
    Where are you living on the east coast? If you're coming from the mid Atlantic region, no need for dropping south so much.

6. ChaoSS

ChaoSS Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2014
    That is a nice drive. Just don't go that way when they have chain restrictions. And some idiot empty ahead of you thinks he's too good for chain restrictions and gets the road shut down for 4 hours while they deal with the aftermath. It's not a really fun route when that happens.

*grumble grumble*

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.