Automatics what's your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Prime' started by purpleprime, Oct 21, 2015.

1. FullMetalJacket

FullMetalJacket Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Vagrant

"Obviously, obviously......" :biggrin_2559:

Have a good one, too. :biggrin_25525:

Big Papaxx Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bad attitude 75

bad attitude 75 Light Load Member

Jul 27, 2015
    Greenville sc
    i read an article that big companies are going with auto shift to save in fuel and driver wages. that's right driver wages! the article states that having a less complicated truck to drive by eliminating the shifting aspect, companies can now start hiring people with less ability to drive the trucks. it said we can now cut drivers pay up to 20% great job people!!! this industry is done

4. heartlandnewbie1988

heartlandnewbie1988 Light Load Member

May 10, 2015
    Then why the hell are you on a forum for prime?

darthanubis, Chucktshoes and Brehon Thank this.
  5. nofreetime

nofreetime Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2013
    Tens are more fuel efficient the less gears in churning in the lubricant means less mechanical resistance. Also in top gear tens are in what's called direct or 1 to 1 meaning for every rotation of the drive shaft is one rotation of the axle this is also more fuel efficient as well. Verses a 13 which can be a single over drive but is usually a double over drive trans so the top two gears are overdrive meaning less than one ration of the drive shaft is one axle ration this causes a loss in efficiency. Also 10's come with a longer warranty this suits our teams better they have to worry putting miles and warranties outrunning on various items. Tens are also easier to learn. Why did somebody tell you 13's are more fuel efficient?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
    darthanubis, BigSky and Brehon Thank this.
  6. nofreetime

nofreetime Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2013
    You know you keep mentioning the word professional over and over but you're so vague on describing what it means. So I wanted to ask you if you could do so without being vague? Does it mean more training, someone with all their teeth, good hygiene, treating customers respectfully, some pulling their pants up so they don't walk around with their crack hanging out plumber style? What does it mean? I also wanted to let you know how much that you came off like someone who wants it to be harder for others to get into their industry in order to make it easier on themselves which is pretty messed up. Its just makes it seem as though you're either scared of competition or that you're just unwilling or unable to complete. So many people wish that things were easier on themselves, when they should instead wish to be better.

darthanubis and Brehon Thank this.
  7. Brehon

Brehon Light Load Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Las Vegas, NV
    Can you link the article please?

8. Big Papaxx

Big Papaxx Medium Load Member

Oct 9, 2015
    Chicago, Los Angeles
    Its an open forum if you have a problem then report me to a moderator. The question was about automatics.

9. Big Papaxx

Oct 9, 2015
    Chicago, Los Angeles
    I do not want it harder for anyone. I just simply was stating my opinion that a person used to have to actually have a skill to obtain a license. Today it appears that all you have to do is have a pulse.. I was not talking about the people who go threw the system and get there cdl. They are doing what is required to get a carrier and a job to support there family and live.. The carriers IMO seem to be using every method possible to just get people a cdl. The people taking the classes and trying to get a cdl are not at fault they are following the programs as they are set up..

Definition of Professional..A professional is a member of a profession or any person who earns their living from a specified activity. The term also describes the standards of education and training that prepare members of the profession with the particular knowledge and skills necessary to perform the role of that profession. In addition, most professionals are subject to strict codes of conduct enshrining rigorous ethical and moral obligation.

FullMetalJacket Thanks this.
  10. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    This topic has went way out in left field. :eek:

Big Papaxx Thanks this.
  11. Big Papaxx

Oct 9, 2015
    Chicago, Los Angeles

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.