Back to the oilfield?

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by dustinb_85, Aug 10, 2015.

1. dustinb_85

dustinb_85 Bobtail Member

May 1, 2013
    Worked in the oilfield for 2 years. Been back home working locally since April & im not happy. Got an opportunity to go back & work for Brady trucking out of williston hauling frac sand. I'm also interested in going to work for tankstar otr. Anyone have experience with either of these outfits I would appreciate your advice. Thank You

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. realdesertkickin

realdesertkickin Heavy Load Member

Nov 18, 2013
    Tustoned Arizona
    My homie Brett runs a sand can for brady, and is happy...He's been there since 2012 so he's staying busy based on seniority..He said Brady isnt overhiring like some companies...That was about it..
    I wanna go back also...so much negative talk though from everyone there!!! Lots of talk about drivers sitting..Im not there so I dont really know, but the word aint that good !! I dont know what to think

Im looking at MBI...knowing they're pay is low, but they are the stable mable where i was...I worked for MBI subcontractors and was getting $22.50 an hour..Maybe buy a truck someday and run O/O for them...

My advice would be to be bankrolled for a month or so just in case Brady aint it and you got to go lookin for something else..
    Im lookin at craigslist/northdakota/northdakota/transportation everyday, and I still see cool ads everyday..

I think you could hook a job in a day there..you been there, so you know...

Man, williston is nuts, the only place in the world where you can have tanker gridlock on main st....I worked out of NewTown, and liked it alot...I miss it, wanna go back...This time i'll tote my world with me so i dont get all homesick and go home, lol

4. dustinb_85

May 1, 2013
    It's definitely a different world. I was working out of Dickinson but all of our work was around Watford, New Town, & Williston. I'm ready to go back. I just don't want to go sit around for days on end. Anytime I talked to mbi Drivers it was always 50/50 on whether they liked working there or not. I know they go thru alot of drivers.

5. realdesertkickin

realdesertkickin Heavy Load Member

Nov 18, 2013
    Tustoned Arizona
    I really wanted to see a tree of whos who///meaning Chevron calls Haliburton who calls Slawson Exploration who calls Bear Mountain Trucking who ships work to MBI then to the smallers like Iron Horse/Power etc etc

Never got a clear picture, I wanted to aim for the highest possible...Theres a pecking order based on need based on price per barrel..And I couldnt figure it out..Seems different places hit at different times and who knows how many frac's theres gonna be on that particular deal!!

Hope you score something solid so your not prostituting yourself on the 23...lol

Eventually I'll go back...Theres lots of heavy equip stuff there also for me..Heck, the State is running ads for a backhoe operator for 23 an hour, full bennies..If all else failed..

Remember LTL also!! Magnum is up there, always hiring, paying decently
    I saw an ad from Central Transport, now in Minot, starting at 28 bucks an hour !! what the hay

I want to be on the frac;s though...so very cool it was, men and machine messing with mother earth 3 miles down using 10 Iron horses to make 20 thousand pounds of pressure to blast sand and water all the way to china i love it
    Hurry up and send updates back here...If its that bad I'll money gram you a 20 so you can buy 1 two dollar freezer pizza at cenex!!! LOL

take care, good luck...dont do what i did and take a 2 wheel drive mustang thru the black hills in wintertime!! Go around!! Take the left in Lusk Wyoming!!!

MoneyCat Thanks this.
  6. QualityMike

QualityMike Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2011
    North Dakota
    I am in Watford City hauling crude. We are very busy with oil, but ALL of the companies are working to cut overtime. We have over hired purposely (out of work water haulers) to cut the OT. As of 4 weeks ago, mandatory schedule 5/2, 5/3. Took a $ 27,000.00/year pay cut with the new schedule. You can still bump 100k, but the 130-150k days are gone for now. Good luck.

rabbiporkchop and gdyupgal Thank this.
  7. dustinb_85

May 1, 2013
    Thanks for the advice guys. I'll let you know how things go.

8. haulhand

haulhand Road Train Member

I heard MBI quit the sand hauling division. I know for a fact that they spooled it up in SW Wyoming as they rent a yard from my family and all of their equipment is stacked up and there hasn't been a driver around in a couple weeks.

9. kogaFX

kogaFX Light Load Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Frozen Lease Road, ND
    Mbi sand division shut down. I currently work at brady, I'd recommend against it, most people here are not happy including myself. The rates have been slaughtered.

10. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Welcome to the wonderful world of not being happy working local

11. dustinb_85

May 1, 2013
    Koga would you mind being more specific as far as how much you make per load & how many loads you're getting a week? The only reason I'm considering going back is the fact that Brady lets you stay in the truck. The 2 years I was there before I was paying $1500 to stay in a basement. So even though I won't be making as much I'm hoping it will average out due to the cheaper cost of living in the truck.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.