bad company ...lies lies lies ...and it starts with recruiting

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by m.elliott, May 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m.elliott

m.elliott Bobtail Member

May 23, 2015
    earl henderson hired me on the spot..vicki was my recruiter is best friends whith owner.. told me all a driver needed to here and promised ill be getting a regional home every week to ten days.get to orientation second day 4 people who did class that day came in and said prime just bought us and all contacts are voided whith u and recruiter..i was looken 26 days out 3 days off.. then they told us to buy our trucks because they realy dont want company drivers.the owner of earl henderson dosent care about his drivers he cares to get them their and blow diesel smoke .he has a husband and wife ex drivers of his worken in house and ill tell you it didnt take them 2 long to show no respect for fellow drivers and become the biggest bron nosen company in house liers ...dont go to this company .chk deep first..good luk

lagbrosdetmi Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Are you still working there ? Did you do the lease ?

4. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

Supposedly PRIME INC has not purchased Henderson. They operate in PRIMES Advanced Fleet Program and interchange trailers with Prime since around October 2014. Company has not been owned by the Hendersons since 1990 but by the Kaburick family

Last edited: May 23, 2015
  5. VeganTrucker

VeganTrucker Medium Load Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Dixie
    Henderson is looking for professional drivers. They weeded out a bunch of people who came to orientation who were falling asleep in class or who looked like they were members of a street gang or looked like the just walked out of the trailer park. They also weed out the cry babies and the ones who talk behind people's backs and/or treat the hotel staff like second class citizens. They are trying to hire good people. This isn't CR England or Swift. The lease program is completely optional. I am a company driver. Graduated from their academy 2 weeks ago. I have no complaints. This academy started 6 months ago so they are still working out some of the logistical bugs. For being so new at it, I think they're doing a great job. And yes, we are under Prime loads. But we are not owned by Prime. The owner Josh is a very good guy. His dad died a year ago and he took over the company. So there is a learning curve and again, working out some of the kinks. But from what I have seen, they are a very professional company looking to become one of the best.

Ga Dawg141, tucker, FLATBED and 3 others Thank this.
  6. heavyhaulerss

heavyhaulerss Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2009
    AL/TN BORDER
    hard to read the 1st post with the spelling errors.

7. MrHarleyDude

MrHarleyDude Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2014
    A recruiter lied? I've never heard of that before. You are the first person a recruiter ever lied to...

Skate-Board and average joe Thank this.
  8. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    I am HOPING to eventually go to a truck driving school to learn how to drive a truck, HOPING to eventually become an OTR SOLO truck driver.

I would be more than WILLING to drive, deliver, & pick up freight to and from all 48 states & Canada, along with being more than WILLING to help load & unload freight onto and off of the trailers.

It looks as though Henderson Trucking is a very good company to both start out with and retire out of.

This year is my 8th. year at my current job, as a retail clerk, since 2007.
    In 2 more years, (2017), I will have 10 years of verifiable employment, providing that I do not get laid off or terminated.

I had UNVERIFIABLE unemployment for 7 months prior to getting the job that I am currently working at. I was helping my 2 sisters care for our elderly mother before she passed away back in 2007. Our father passed away 26 years earlier, back in 1981.

Some people say that I only need a notarized letter or statement explaining why I was out of work for so long. Some say that I only need 3 years of verifiable employment since it was not a commercial driving job. Others have told me to get a FULL 10 year verifiable work history, which I am currently doing.

Back in August of 2014, I had a no fault accident. The police were not called. The other driver's insurance company took care of everything.
    Prior to this accident, I had another no fault accident back in 2010. This time a police report was filed. The other driver ran a red light and "T-Boned" me. Fortunately, nobody was injured in these 2 accidents.

I did have 1 at fault accident back in 1995, which was 20 years ago.
    I was speeding and ran a red light. The other driver was in some pain for a while. By the GRACE OF GOD, the other driver did recover.

I have had several speeding tickets, several running a red light tickets, 1 failure to yield ticket, and 1 not stopping for a school bus ticket.
    I have not had any tickets since 2007, which is 8 years ago. I have slowed down and gotten a lot more cautious.

Would this past and present driving record of mine prevent me from possibly working for Henderson Trucking?

I am currently working to get my blood pressure and sugar levels down. I am trying very hard to stay away from all medications. I am also working to become more physically fit by exercising more, trying to lose at least 30 pounds, and keep it off.

By the GRACE OF GOD, I have never been arrested for or convicted of any crimes at all.

I have never married, never had any children, and live in a 1 bedroom apartment that I can be away from for extended periods of time.
    SADLY & UNFORTUNATELY, as mentioned earlier, both of my parents have passed away. I no longer have any parental elder care responsibilities.

God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!

Shaggy Thanks this.
  9. average joe

average joe Medium Load Member

Jan 11, 2009
    A lot of red flags go up reading that, do you want to be a driver or lumper? Your driving record regardless of how old it is would send me running in the other direction if I were the truck owner, speeding is understandable, but "several" running red lights? Not the kind of person I want driving my truck, or even driving around my family. Diabeties is a disqualifier if taking insulin.That said somebody will hire you,the industry is crying for drivers.

born&raisedintheusa and FLATBED Thank this.
  10. VeganTrucker

VeganTrucker Medium Load Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Dixie
    The only thing they can say is no. I'd apply and give it a shot. As long as you have a good attitude, learned from you previous mistakes, and are a better driver for it, they may let it slide. Just be up front and honest and explain everything the way you did here.

born&raisedintheusa Thanks this.
  11. mwc1576

mwc1576 Light Load Member

Jun 30, 2012
    Henderson has a very hard time keeping drivers. They want you to live on the road. No respect. typically big company BS. They were going bankrupt and prime bailed them out that's why they pull prime freight. Just like O & S and Will trans.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.