Bad Drivers of May Two Four

Discussion in 'Trucker Videos' started by TractorTrailer, May 23, 2015.

1. TractorTrailer

TractorTrailer Light Load Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Surrey, BC

Returning home on Canada's National Choke Point the TransCanada Highway on the Friday of the May Two Four long weekend. Can anyone tell me what Bison was thinking? Seriously, WTF Bison?!?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    Looked like the pot calling the kettle black on a couple of those. What was the purpose of following that grain wagon so closely when there wasn't a passing zone and the load was blowing out of the wagon? Then, that Bison truck was accelerating and signaling their intention to pull out, yet dash cam supertrucker decided to stay in the throttle and prevent the truck from merging instead of just backing out and letting him in safely. What was the point? He still got out in front of you, but now you had to mash the brakes "hard braking event" and dern near hit him instead of merely easing out of the throttle and it being a non-incident.

4. 77smartin

77smartin Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2011
    I dunno.
    Why do I find that most of these people are "looking" for something to happen so they can film it...just drive the flippen truck like you should.

reefer75 and cnsper Thank this.
  5. cnsper

cnsper Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2014
    Pedigree.... You missed the part about the end of the passing lane right at the beginning where supercam driver ran a pickup into oncoming traffic lanes.

TT.... I take it you never had Heinz ketchup. Most of our job is anticipation of what other drivers are going to do. If you had gotten some of that ketchup as a kid you would know that anticipation makes you wait.

6. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!
    Didn't see anything in the video that I dont see every day.

Must be real stressful for the OP if he considers those to be bad drivers.

7. TractorTrailer

Jan 30, 2013
    Surrey, BC
    The video speed on the uncovered wagon was sped up to 1.6 times to make the video shorter. We were in an 80/kph zone so the distance behind him was quite safe. Although I did nose a little close at one point to read the temporary permit number (white patch upper left corner of his gate).

At 0:56 of the video you can measure the distance between myself and the four wheeler in front of me, roughly 2-2.5 times the length of the pickup pulling the trailer, maybe 120 ft? His trailer is at the end of the double yellow and then two passing lines to the 4 wheeler, I've never measured the gap between the lines. If you think 75ft of tractor trailer fits in that gap while accelerating from 10/kph to 60/kph maybe you're the "supertrucker". I wasn't on much throttle at 60/kph (36/mph), and a quarter mile of nothing behind me.

8. TractorTrailer

Jan 30, 2013
    Surrey, BC
    If you look at the time stamps 14:29-16:23, its much less than a day. It was a stressful 2 hrs.

9. RustyBolt

RustyBolt Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Bement, IL
    Take a run through Chicago sometime. You'll have a stroke!

10. reefer75

reefer75 Medium Load Member

Feb 26, 2011
    midwest
    That's not good drivers but seen way worst

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.