Bakers Corner (Formerly Tradewinds Logistics)

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Midwest2Northeast, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Midwest2Northeast

Midwest2Northeast Bobtail Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Allentown, PA
    Does anybody have any experience in working with these guys? We have been getting jerked around all day by this company. I dispatched their driver at 11am and at 2:30 we called him to see if he got loaded. The driver said that he was still not empty from his previous load. We called the dispatcher to get the scoop about the driver and the dispatcher said that he had to send the driver for a urinalysis test. Their stories didnt even come close to matching up. Shortly after that their truck posts on the DAT. We posted a ghost load with one of our cell phone numbers on it under our trucking company MC and the stupid ####### called us wanting information on the load. It is trucking companies like this that really hurt everyone. Shopping rates and booking freight with no intention of loading. Apparently Tradewinds is out of business and now they are doing business as Bakers Corner under a brand new MC#. We think that they may have just been digging for our customers information out of New Jersey and had no intention of loading us at all. I would not advise anybody to use this company.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. apyles

apyles Medium Load Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Newbern,Tn
    those "ghost loads" are another problem with this industry. Things like that are the reason brokers have a bad reputation.

volvodriver01 Thanks this.
  4. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Phone comes back to Tradewinds also. Why would yo use someone who had autority revoked and is running under a new#?

5. Midwest2Northeast

Sep 18, 2012
    Allentown, PA
    Terrible. Terrible company. The driver somehow snuck in and got our load on Friday after we took them off of it. Now the driver is in Maryland somewhere saying he has a trailer that is broken down and his other story is that the reciever doesnt want the load until tomorrow. I personally scheduled the delilvery appointment for this shipment with the reciever on Friday. The dispacher doesnt give a F$$k that his driver is completely worthless. Now all parties on their side of turned their phones off. I now see why they have a new operating MC number. I wouldnt load this carrier if it was the only truck that I had and it came down to that truck or lose a customer. Id lose the customer.

6. formertaxidriver

formertaxidriver Heavy Load Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Aiea, HI
  7. Midwest2Northeast

Sep 18, 2012
    Allentown, PA
    The driver called this morning asking when the load is suppossed to deliver???!!!?? I was like, "you were supposed to be there yesterday morning buddy." He said, "ohh, I am in Baltimore, its about a 10 hour trip." If he is not there in the morning we are filing a highjack claim on the load.
    We load 1 truck operations all the time. America thrives on small business owners. We load owner operators daily, but this is ridiculous. This reason alone is why brokers wont load carriers with a brand new MC number. Because they dont know what the f$%k they are doing. He's got some dumb uneducated #$^%@$ driving a truck that only wants to run on his schedule.

8. Midwest2Northeast

Sep 18, 2012
    Allentown, PA
    Hey formertaxidriver, I know how to look up a carrier. We check all of our carriers on safersys.org. And our freight is not lowpaying. He was probalby an uneducated taxidriver before he started driving trucks.

9. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    most everyone i knew growing up in center valley pa was nice. I am guessing he isn't local

10. free2frog

free2frog Medium Load Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I don't know about being a taxi driver but odds are he doing lease purchase. They had an add on craiglist a week or so ago looking for L/P drivers for new cascadias and company drivers could get a late model truck there about a half mile from my house I drove by the place looked like used/wreaked truck lot trailers still say trade winds but they got a really nice corporate office a couple of towns over, the kids that own place yeah there daddy is are Mayor.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.