Bambi, Why cant we just be friends ?

Discussion in 'Knight' started by Fajo, Nov 1, 2015.

1. OverDrive

OverDrive "A Watchman on the Walls"

https://reason.com/archives/2001/11/21/north-americas-most-dangerous

And PETA would like to kill even more human beings!!!

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. OverDrive

OverDrive "A Watchman on the Walls"

Growing up in 'days of yore,' hunting and gun safety (& respect) was taught as part of a boy's passage into manhood.

At 8 yo, he got a BB gun; at 10 yo a .22, and at 11-12 yo was invited by uncles to go spend a couple of days in the hunting cabin.

Having spent a couple of those years in rural WI while my dad was stationed overseas in the military, I got to 'enjoy' that passage with my mother's 5 brothers. Dont remember many deer hits to vehicles in those days altho most roads were black-at-night, 2-lane blacktops winding thru the countryside. The deer hunting also culled the growth of the local herds and provided meat (venison)---how many boys/men these days have killed a deer and dressed it out? Most hit deer end up as road kill and wasted meat besides the damage and lives they cost.......

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  4. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    I have that song in my head now: "Why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends?"

5. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    Well, got it reinstalled. Now im sure the sob's will just ram the side of my truck. :/

image.jpeg

6. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    So what do you call them ? Bull Bars or Roo bars? :biggrin_25525:

7. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    Bambi Gibber 2.0

8. dog-c

dog-c Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    New York, NY
    I lawnmowed Bambi last Tuesday

Bye bye

bigred81 and Fajo Thank this.
  9. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Old thread, yeah i know, just found it.... i got a deer/moose "sissy bar" on my PB also..... last B@#$% had to run my boards and hit the door, trying to hitch a ride. #####. We try!

It's SO bad here in OH-IO because the season started late and ended too soon. My son shot a doe (he's 12) but an Amish kid claimed it . . . so . . . we let it go. Wife can dress-out, kids can hunt *and do* .... just wish the season was longer! ( Well it can be, like that 2nd book, LOL~!!! )

Only got ONE keeper this year; better than none, but the POP is out of control here.

@dog-c ..did you dress her out?? LoL... roadkill, i'm thinking!

Be safe, drivers~

10. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    Yeah, nothing like spending time with the single uncle in the isolated cabin.
    But, years ago, we had to drive cars And pickups, the shifting and play in the steering, we had to pay attention, now a days, with the newer vehicles, it seems like the car is sitting still and the road is moving towards us.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  11. vikingswen

vikingswen Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2012
    In the Stratosphere
    That bumper looks pretty light and big spaces between the bars. I just hit a moose at 60mph with my truck and it still ended up breaking my grill.
    IMG_0351.JPG

tucker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.