be aware of mgr express

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by jardel, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Milkman719

Milkman719 Medium Load Member

May 29, 2013
    Colorado Springs
    I think he said that he was going to try out a lease at U.S. Xpress

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Sustanon

Sustanon Light Load Member

Dec 19, 2010
    KY
    Not only a lease,but a lease with an eastern block company,some people are so optimistic.

4. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Gonna fail. Haven't met a single lease driver here doing well.

Redriderex Thanks this.
  5. truckerlife74

truckerlife74 Medium Load Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Charlotte nc
    It seems like the European owned companies are the worst base of these threads I read. Most lease don't work I have learn but I do have a few old classmates who swear by Schneider ic program as the best

6. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    That's because they're the worst. The Eastern European owned companies would love to have strictly EE drivers. They are hard workers. Gotta give them that. Problem is that they run their companies here like they did there. Ever watch Russian dash cam videos? No laws. AT ALL. Its like they run into each other for sport. They don't really pay their taxes here, they cut the freight rates down, they scoff at our fmcsa regulations (can't really blame them there) but the EE companies are doing a massive disservice to trucking in America as a whole. While everyone screamed about Mexican trucks coming over the border, nobody said a word about the constant influx of Eastern European drivers. The Mexican guys have something to prove, that they can do it just as well, just as safe and do it at a profit like their American counterparts. The EE companies don't care about any of it, and the proof is in their CSA pudding. Both of the massive wrecks in Wyoming were caused by EE drivers I'm not saying this to pick on them, but I'm simply stating a fact. I've got no issue with anyone trying to make a living. But to do it in a way that they do, I can't get behind it. They should be following the same rules we all have to. They also need to be cognizant of the fact they aren't driving there. They're driving here. It's a different ball game. This is where the contention with the EE companies and drivers come from.

7. mladen86

mladen86 Medium Load Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Chicago,il
    Ok,im EE,and you're right about some things.
    First,many of EE drivers had nothing to do with trucking back in Europe,and even if they did,rules are more strict over there( dont know about russia ), there's no paper logs over there,no cheating,they drive less hours per day,in some countries,france i think,you're not alowed to drive truck on weekend,so if you're thinking its wild west over there,you're wrong,rules are very strict.
    Second,Im paying taxes just like everybody else i know. We dont have any benefits for being foreign,law is the same,both for me and any US born person.
    About the rates. If you get all EE trucks from chicago in one place,even then that is so small number of trucks compared to rest of USA.
    I used to dh up to 1400 miles because i didn't want to haul cheap freight.
    Im first to admit there is a bunch of trash companies in chicago. Like that guy you worked for in ATA. He got his ### kicked few times because he tought he is untouchable. My friends worked there when they had contract with toyota,and there was something missing on every paycheck.
    There are idiots everywhere,but lets not generalize things and trash everybody who drives white volvo( mine is blue :) )
    About MGR,my friend is o/o there since 2011. Never has any major issues. Once he got charged 1000$ coz he was put oos in tn for trailer brakes put of adjustment. Few months later he got clean level 3 in mo and got his 1000$ back.
    I dont know whats the deal on lease side.
    Their safety score is ugly. All you need is few o/o idiots who dont care about equipment,who dont know or dont care about logbooks and thats it.
    I met lot of american drivers who are working for EE companies and in 99% its because their cdl is so messed up so nobody else would hire them.

8. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    The problem with a lot of trucking companies from Illinois is that the politicians here encouraged all these illegal activities by accepting bribes and God knows what else.

joseph1135 Thanks this.
  9. truckerlife74

truckerlife74 Medium Load Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Charlotte nc

You have a great great point here but you are living in America the land of stereotyping, prejudicial, discriminatory of a group of people in regards to their race, sexuality or foreign status. It will never change but maybe get better as the younger generation mature with less bias views of a people cultural backgrounds

diesel drinker and Az_Driver Thank this.
  10. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    From what I've seen here over the years, a lease is nothing more than a way to pawn off the operating costs of running a truck onto the driver while they still rake in a substantial amount of the revenue.

I'll pass.

11. rasymacmac21

rasymacmac21 Light Load Member

Sep 25, 2009
    East of the Mississippi.
    I can recall the number of times I have been almost run over by an EE driver at the Petro in Gary, IN. It's basically a waste of breath for me to say something to them because they're either not going to understand me or look at me Iike I have 6 heads. Isn't much I can do anyways, I'm in there territory. I treat it as if I was in one of there countries and go by there rules.

Getsinyourblood Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.