Being a trainer

Discussion in 'Prime' started by wolf71, Oct 1, 2015.

1. wolf71

wolf71 Light Load Member

Aug 24, 2014
    Springlake Nc
    I am looking at all options right now. Havent really talked to a recruiter yet. But I would like to know how long you have to be at prime to train.
    Actually I only want to train one person and thats my wife. I think that would make both of us feel mor comfortable and be able to see if we can really stand each other in a small box for long periods of time.
    Bad thing is I want to go flatbed she dont know if she can handle it. I just keep telling her it is easier with two people then one.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FullMetalJacket

FullMetalJacket Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Vagrant
    90 days for trainer, 1yr for instructor.

Accident free, no critical event alarms set off, on time delivery record & within expected standards for fuel costs & mpg.

4. wolf71

wolf71 Light Load Member

Aug 24, 2014
    Springlake Nc
    That sounds doable. Guess ill have to let someone else teach her for cdl then train her.
    Thank you fmj.

Highway101 Thanks this.
  5. FozzyNOK

FozzyNOK Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Oklahomistan
    Its been my experience that spouses do a disservice to their respective partners when they train. I have seen far too many spouses train the other person to know less than they know. Accidentally? On Purpose? By design? Not sure. It is better for both people to be trained by others.. this makes the team a little more well rounded as they each bring different viewpoints and have been trained differently and in different situations. Always better to have more and varied experiences in a truck were two heads are better than one.

Brehon, AfterShock, HorseShoe and 4 others Thank this.
  6. nofreetime

nofreetime Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2013
    Hey if you've got one that's willing to come out here and help you then you married well and you're a very fortunate guy. Are you sure you don't want to bend a little on going flatbed?

7. wolf71

wolf71 Light Load Member

Aug 24, 2014
    Springlake Nc
    Yea im flexible on flatbe . I might just do reefer and go from there. Maybe catch up with a flatbeder and let them show her and go from there. I prefer flatbed but for her and I to be together and experience life now that the kids are grown I'll do whatever it takes.
    Stll figuring out how we want to do it maybe be both at same time and team after all training is done.

8. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    I think you both should agree on what kind of trucking you wanna do not just a one sided deal.Then if not flatbed try something different,flatbedding will always be there.Far as how long before you can train,it might be 6 months not sure on that.But maybe Prime has a single program on spouses training there other half.

wolf71 Thanks this.
  9. nofreetime

Oct 22, 2013
    Already answered by one our trainers here at prime ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓
    I meet a guy who was teaching his wife to get her cdl years ago. Unless the policy has changed this has always been allowed.

Chucktshoes and wolf71 Thank this.
  10. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    I know its always been allowed but maybe he can train his wife sooner then the 6 month policy because they are married is what I meant by a single program.I should have specified that in my post.

11. nofreetime

Oct 22, 2013
    lol read post #3 patty

pattyj Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.