Best 12 volt Coffee Maker?

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by White Dog, Nov 18, 2015.

1. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    What is the best (fastest) 12 volt coffee maker?
    Had one (can't recall the brand) and it was so freaking slow, the coffee was literally wizz warm by the time it was done IF/WHEN it finished brewing.
    Are they all junk, or has someone found a good fast one?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    I don't know of a decent 12 volt coffee maker, however there are a number of good coffee presses that only need boiling water, and this can easily be accomplished with a 120 volt "kettle" such as a proctor silex 1000 watt model. This will boil 16 ounces of water in about 2 minutes.

Walmart has one of a higher wattage that will be more then some inverters like, the 1000 watt version works well for me and my 1500 watt inverter is ok with it

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e 1000 watt&qid=1447872568&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  4. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    I put two paper towles over a coffee mug, pour in some coffe, then pour hot water over it. It's quick and cleanup is nothing.

5. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    And the nice thing about the simplicity of a kettle, is the boiling water is great for a lot of other hot and convenient food items that need hot water. A shame to waste space for a dedicated coffee maker when an "electric kettle" is much more versatile and has a smaller footprint

6. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Dunno what kind it is. Bought it at a Sapp Brothers years ago, but it works great. Was only like $20. It takes it awhile to brew a whole pot, but does an excellent job, and its plenty hot, and stays that way.

7. Rock 'n Roll Relocater

Rock 'n Roll Relocater Medium Load Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Near Music City
    I never could find one that worked worth a flip so I just bought a small inverter and a regular coffee maker.....

8. White Dog

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    @STexan ...defeats the purpose. Requires a power inverter AND a press.
    @skellr ...strange, and where am I gonna get the boiling water.
    @STexan ...I don't mind at all "wasting space" or "leaving a foot print", but I am possibly switching to a truck that will not have a power inverter in it, so I may have to retire my 110 volt maker.
    @Dave_in_AZ ...doesn't help me, for I too do not know the brand of which you speak.
    @Rock 'n Roll Relocater ...I currently own said equipment, but as I explained to Mr. STexan, it soon may not be an option.

So....the question remains: What is the best (fastest) 12 volt coffee maker?

9. Rock 'n Roll Relocater

Nov 16, 2015
    Near Music City
    @Rock 'n Roll Relocater ...I currently own said equipment, but as I explained to Mr. STexan, it soon may not be an option.[/QUOTE] Sorry, but I was offering my experience on the subject as was everybody else.

10. Rock 'n Roll Relocater

Nov 16, 2015
    Near Music City
    Also, you can buy a small inverter that plugs into a cigarette lighter, or does the truck you're moving to not have one of those either?

11. White Dog

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    Interesting! I have to admit I have not looked for a 600 watt (or better) inverter that plugs into a cigarette lighter.
    My coffee maker draws 520 to 540 watts during brew...so my 300 watt inverter just whistles.
    Thanks for the idea, will keep the eyes peeled.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.