Best Cb Radion On Market.

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by TANON, Aug 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dieselhound

dieselhound Medium Load Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Erie,PA
    I have got two. The one I use is a connex 3300 that I made into a 3300 hp. I added an extra pill and kept adding capacitors until nothing else happened. I put a Toshiba voice chip in it so it sounds a little different.It walks a and talks. People ask my all the time, "what radio you talkin' on?" I get a radio check, that's my pre trip. lol, I'm kidding. My back up is 99. I had so many problems with that until I found the right CB man. He took me to his bench and proceeded to work my radio over. I learned that the 99 has an unstable echo board and that was the stem of my problems. He went in and took it to shock, then he done all of his mods. I have two radios that wasn't been worked on in years. I would recommend either one with the right CB man.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. thetez

thetez Medium Load Member

Jul 10, 2006
    yeah it was a mistake, but now i wanna get a nice 10m, when i get some money, but it would be nice if i could get the other bands taken out... so it was a amp in the radio and thats it

4. Pete_379X

Pete_379X Super Chrome

Jul 4, 2007
    Arkansas
    The best would be a olllld cobra with a sweet 16. IMHO. But I haven't found that right cobra that anyone is willing to part with. Until then I have a Connex 4300-300. I will not tell what its dead keying because I have found out that its extremely high... it is swinging 440-450w. Something like that. The best radio I have had as far as features, clear and clean talking, and best looking would be my Galaxy DX48T. Which is now back in its box. I run a pair of single coil Predator 10K antennas. Google them if you don't know what they are. Can show a picture to the lazy ones.

5. Pete_379X

Pete_379X Super Chrome

Jul 4, 2007
    Arkansas
    BTW.. the 4300-300 is junk straight out of teh box. Get it tuned and the guy HAS to know what he's doing. Took months to get mine right.

6. HankSterling

HankSterling Light Load Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Pace,FL
    Well jeez since my meter is not garduated to tenths I guess it would be closer to 1.1 or 1.2. Im not splitting hairs, Especialy since Power is a Log and not Linear and a Tenth would little or no effect. Since meter was at 1 and not 3 or 5 I was pretty much ok with that.

7. thetez

thetez Medium Load Member

Jul 10, 2006
    sorry i realize i sounded like a jerk, but their are a lot of people saying that their swr is lower than 1.... and too me that just means you dont know what your doing... i didnt mean to come across as an #$$ but looks like i did....

8. HankSterling

HankSterling Light Load Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Pace,FL
    No problem! You do see a lot of peolple putting out 1500 watts with an 10 amp in line fuse. If you know what I mean.:biggrin_2559:

9. jailbird685

jailbird685 Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2008
    flint, mi
    A Cobra 29 is a great start. You can do a lot with one. You can add decorative face plates (many sources on e-bay and other online sources), nitro knobs, aftermarket finals ( adds wattage ), and it is a CLEAN radio, great sounding and talking if tuned properly. As far as the Peak and tune, don't mess with the guys that have to advertise over a CB. Ask around to other drivers. You want a shop that lets their work speak for itself. Some but not all of the shops that advertise over the CB are butcher shops and you won't know which is which til' it's too late. The shop I went to doesn't advertise over a CB, doesn't even advertise on the building, they don't have "plenty of truck parking out back", and there bench is always full and always have people at the counter. If the shop peaks your radio with anything other than a Bird meter ( a tall, light gray box with a white gauge, you can find pictures online), take it somewhere else because you probably don't want them touching your radio.

10. Pete_379X

Pete_379X Super Chrome

Jul 4, 2007
    Arkansas
    Yeah I like a cobra, but it has to have a pill box behind it for me.

11. MrsSkidmarks

MrsSkidmarks <strong>Stain Fighter</strong>

Nov 10, 2007
    St. Louis, MO
    I'm wanting to cry right now...my hubby just spent $400 (locally) on a whole new 'outfit'(not including antenna)...because he said he 'needed a good CB'. And I hear you all talking about $40 radios. That's a MASSIVE price difference. :biggrin_2553: I sure hope whatever he bought was worth the bills that didn't get paid this week.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.