Best pay for team drivers

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Steel Dragon, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
    A friend is going through a divorce and is planning to have to take some days off for the proceedings.
    He also would like to take a couple weekends each month to spend with his son.
    His company is complaining,every time he requests to go home.
    I was considering running a team truck with him, for a year, so when he needs some home time, I would keep the truck running solo.
    Any good paying companies, running team trucks, with drop and hook freight, Indianapolis area?
    Thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kalin72

Kalin72 Light Load Member

Apr 3, 2015
    FedEx ground, for example :)

4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Old Dominion line haul division. Probably the highest paying team job in America.

Lepton1 and Steel Dragon Thank this.
  5. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    I think your roadblock might be the part about dropping him off and solo til you pick him up. Nightmare for planners and dispatch. It's a team truck, no right now it's solo and so on.
    Company called Fast Cargo has been hiring in Indy. Don't know the details. They are over off I70 & Keystone.
    Carter Express in Anderson might work with the situation.

6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Sodrel is more regional and might work for him, but I don't think they have teams.

7. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
    I dont know if Im ready for pulling doubles...lol

8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    One driver on here ran teams doing California turnarounds and all drop & hook. This was with Old Dominion.

Steel Dragon Thanks this.
  9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Teams should be pretty valuable about now. Worth thousands in bonus pay if you can both stick it.

We were a team, a husband wife once we got her trained. The house (Truck) earned a little over 50 cents a mile once my trainer salary burned off after her acceptance. There were times money fell from heaven in the thousands too much to spend and other times due to payroll problems via interchanging too many trailers from late single drivers the savings came in handy.

If you are going to team, do it right. It's important on so many levels. Good luck.

Lepton1 and Steel Dragon Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.