best paying gig Wilkes Barre Pennsylvania

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by rabbiporkchop, Aug 15, 2015.

1. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    I realize I'm taking a drastic pay cut compared to the oil fields of North Dakota but my divorce and custody situation prevents me from taking my kids out of Pennsylvania so I'm kind of stuck in wilkes-barre Pennsylvania looking for the highest paying job.
    I'm currently working for pennies on the dollar at Yellow Freight and my child support payments are barely enough to feed my kids so I'm trying to find a better paying job and if anybody has any recommendations I'm all ears.

crazeydude Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tall Mike

Tall Mike Road Train Member

Aug 20, 2014
    New York
  4. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Been there done that and while I was married it was an okay gig but the problem is my custody situation I can't be out of state for 2 weeks at a time and still keep custody of my kids so I kind of need to find a job that allows me to be at home while still making enough to pay the bills in order to keep custody of my kids

5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    See if Cardinal Logistics has anything in your area. There's a list of openings on the website. All dedicated accounts.

6. Tall Mike

Tall Mike Road Train Member

Aug 20, 2014
    New York

ok, gotcha..

Not many good ones left anymore, did you look into Nardone Bros ??

I see them in my travels quite a bit looks like they have decent equiptment anyway..

Fox in Hometown has a steady regional operation going..

7. ttyson

ttyson Medium Load Member

Jul 25, 2015
    Anit YRC union? they should pay above avg right ?

8. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    This is the lowest paying job I've ever had since I got out of truck driving school .
    It's not quite as bad as USA truck, but it definitely comes in a close second and it's not the company's fault its the geographic location of the terminal which prevents it from being a lucrative job. I only do three hundred miles a day at 40 cents a mile and that doesn't exactly pay my bills. I'll be switching over to city work on Tuesday to see if I do any better at that than I'm doing on line haul

Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
    crazeydude Thanks this.
  9. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I drove for YRC Logistics, non-union division, and made over a thousand a week. Don't know if they have that division anymore. They had local, regional, OTR at that time. Most Cardinal Logistics accounts you can make a thousand a week if you know how to hustle.

10. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    I'm looking to net a grand a week or gross 1500 working local if possible with benefits paid before my 1000 net. I'm wondering if this is even possible in Luzerne county while still being home every day.

11. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    They sold the logistics company years ago

Chinatown Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.