best truck load boards

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by lorry, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Largecar359

Largecar359 Road Train Member

Aug 13, 2011
    New Jersey
    Sure, this thread that you just jumped started is not accurate with today's current market. Today's market is horrific, the rates are very bad and unless you have solid work lined up please don't start your company. You will lose everything you have saved and then some. I would truly wait a few months and see if market gets better, this is an extremely difficult industry right now, if you are inexperienced in running a trucking company I would stay away for now. I know this seems like harsh advice, but the odds are not in your favor right now.

rollin coal, SFLTRKBIZ and Crazy Alex Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BoyWander

BoyWander Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2011
    Michigan
    One guy who came to the facility i switch at had brought a load here to Flint from Dayton, OH. The load paid him $234.

4. SFLTRKBIZ

SFLTRKBIZ Light Load Member

Sep 30, 2012
    My opinion is because there is no license required to become a broker(agent,) large companies mass hire, im talking about hundreds of commission based people. Those idiots will call shippers offering them stupid low quotes,70cents per mile, and to my surprise in the past couple of months, some bigger idiots are actually hauling them. Load for Miami to Tx, 1250 miles paying $800. And he was getting them covered. Its freaking insane, but thats what happens when theyre allowed to drive 1998 #### boxes that have no payments.

5. serozhah

serozhah Light Load Member

Sep 8, 2013
    nahh, if you have enough money to spare like a paid off truck and trailer, no factoring, solid work ethic and little need to spend time with your family and support them (like if you are single), then you'll make a ton of money. Just get loads yourself as well from truckstop.com, chrwtrucks.com and truckersedge.com. You'll always find something that pays solid

zinita17601 Thanks this.
  6. serozhah

Sep 8, 2013
    Yeah, trinity broker is usually the one shocking me how they have even the guts to offer some rates they offer. Sometimes like half of what other brokers are offering to pay!

7. fordconvert

fordconvert Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2012
    nebraska
    You don't believe we should be "ALLOWED" to drive old, paid-for equipment because you enjoy being a slave to your creditors ?!?!

8. serozhah

Sep 8, 2013
    haha too true. There are two different worlds in trucking those who have no idea that it is possible to run older paid for equipment, ie slaves to creditors who cant even change their own oil. Then there are those who actually know how to repair their older paid for trucks. Its like a difference between little kids and adults...

Oxbow, alien4fish, PacManTrap and 3 others Thank this.
  9. Largecar359

Largecar359 Road Train Member

Aug 13, 2011
    New Jersey
    Yeah your right what was I thinking. Go buy a truck and trailer, and that should put you on the fast track to retirement. You'll be laughing all the way to the bank.

10. serozhah

Sep 8, 2013
    you'll be laughing making 200k+ a year the day you start running loads... Its profitable business. idk how you waste your money if you are not making major profit doing owner op under your own authority...

11. serozhah

Sep 8, 2013
    well, if you are trying to start a trucking company like others drive for you then I hope you have a lot of experience in trucking yourself... I think its a piece of cake to make a lot of money if you drive yourself your own truck, but otherwise it could be too risky without a lot of experience in trucking, truck repairs, etc... First and foremost you want to govern the trucks to 61mph, that will save you a butt load of money. Then I hear its the trouble of finding good drivers. Do yourself a favor and buy trucks from craigslist. Its much better trucks for half the price than from dealerships. Just make sure the titles are filled out correctly (ie the person selling the truck actually owns the title). Also buy insurance paid off, not monthly payment. You can always cancel it and progressive will reimburse you for the remaining paid off period.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.