Big G Express Drivers, let me have it!

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by cudafish71, Apr 8, 2012.

1. cudafish71

cudafish71 Light Load Member

Jun 6, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    It took nine agonizing months with PAM and in less than 80 days I am going to be finished with them. I have spoken with Stephens, NFI and Big G and NFI is close, but Big G drivers sealed the deal for me. I am still wondering though about many things.
    I would like all Big G drivers on here to give me your thoughts, evaluations, current feelings and peceptions on how they are performing, treating their drivers, ect. ANYTHING would be appreciated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    Hey cuda, did you go to big g? Have some friends heading there to team. How is it?

4. catrucker916

catrucker916 Light Load Member

Aug 5, 2012

Do you mean Stevens?

5. stuey

stuey Light Load Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Jefferson GA
    I looked into Big G Express a little over a year ago. They seemed like nice people on the phone but other than the company line I was given by the recruiter, which I'm sure you've already heard. Low pay $.32/mile and home most weekends. No per-dium so that's real pay on the mileage not an inflated rate like Heartland or some of the others. Don't see a lot of their trucks sitting around so maybe good for freight... in any event, good luck with it.

6. trucking4family

trucking4family Bobtail Member

Aug 7, 2012
    I would not recommend big gjoke. If you have a family u care about.not the place for u if u wanna live in the truck all the time it is ok hometime is.not every weekend. They will keep u out until u threaten to quit my daughter was in lebonour hospital when she was five weeks old and i was.stuck in odessa tx with no load to be found in a 200 mile radius so they made me sit from tuesday till friday to wait on a load that picked up in odessa while my little girl was on her death bed. Maybe tbis helps ur decision if u want a good company check out titan transfer out of shelbyville tn great people

7. day kidd

day kidd Bobtail Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Big g is a joke. They tell u home every weekend but that's not true. Than they get mad when u run out of hours. The pay is very low but if u like those things have at it.

8. tndriver

tndriver Light Load Member

Jul 17, 2011
    mid south tn

no he ment stephens they are small company in nashville

9. jahdeeka

jahdeeka Bobtail Member

May 23, 2012
    I just stated with Big G Express and it is so far the best company that I have ever worked for. Three weeks here and everything is better than what I expected. They have the miles,they have per diem pay, great equipment with APU's and 1800 watt inverters. I've got the paperless logs thingy but I get enough miles and I still run safe. There are a lot of drivers that have been here for 5 years and better. This is also an ESOP company meaning that they are employee owned and there is a pension plan aside from a volunteer 401k. Log on to there website and see for yourself. You won't be disappointed. This is the last company that I'm going to work for. Be safe out there !

10. jahdeeka

jahdeeka Bobtail Member

May 23, 2012
    30 days and still here. No complaints and even if I had one, the folks here are professional. This is a gift from the one who holds everything in the palm of his hand !!!

11. rollingd64

rollingd64 Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2012
    McDonald,ohio
    hey there cudafish, I worked for Big G Express for almost 2 yrs. I like working for them, they keep you going. I normally would get around 2600-3000 give or take some miles. I got home every weekend, typically fri night or sat morn. The equipment was always in great condition. The night dispatch were for the most part not to bad to deal with. As long as you did not need them to handle sticky situations. My dispatcher, Danny, was a past driver-turned dispatcher. We got along pretty good. Yep power inverters in all trucks, and depending on your dispatcher, you will run consistant lanes. Not everyone will be happy with them i guess but i enjoyed them.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.