Bridger transportation, any info

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Thai, Jul 10, 2014.

1. FishOrCutBait

FishOrCutBait Bobtail Member

Dec 13, 2015
    When it comes to hauling crude im not new. As a company driver you have to hustle safely. Im sure its the same as o/o. I truely believe its all in the driver or hand that makes the job what it is. There is great days and bad days in the patch. Nothing new on that. Regardless if its booming or not. You said you knew first hand ? So you signed on and gave it a shot ? If so for how long ? Thanks for you reply.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bbq247365

bbq247365 Light Load Member

Oct 19, 2012
    Yes it's the driver or the hand that makes it. True enough. However it doesn't help or matter how hard when you have 18 19-year-old kids dispatching who have zero experience and your livelihood is based on their inexperience. Management is nonexistence too.

Bridger would much rather have 100 drivers haul two loads a day then have 50 drivers haul four loads a day. They have no idea what they're doing when it comes to making sure everybody is getting a fair shake opportunity to make a living.

My first hand experience comes from knowing people, friends and former coworkers of OXY, or OET. When we got bought out by Bridger in 2014. I know two personally who bought the same sales pitch lines you were sold. Both had very negative experiences and neither for lack of effort or work ethic.

I slowly watched the deterioration of the entire the company go to crap. I left there after as I saw the writing on the wall.

I never signed a lease but there is a reason throughout the entire trucking industry that lease purchase plans are known as the "never never plans". You're never going to own that truck and you're never going to get ahead. I'm just stating the facts. As you know the maintenance alone is going to eat you alive on these lease roads are constantly beating the crap out of your equipment.

Again I really hope that this all works out for you.

ironmule and FishOrCutBait Thank this.
  4. FishOrCutBait

Dec 13, 2015
    Thanks. I had the same trouble over at twin eagle. You have dispatch, all 23 of them, leads or pushers if you will , they assigned your truck at the beginning of shift, piss ant of a terminal manager, and the field safety guy which doesnt know the difference between gravity and temp that determins weight. They all stand in between you and your check. Did your friends do it before or the ferell merge ? Do you know someone that is doing it currently ? I could go do something entirely out of the oil field but there is still great money to be made. Right now its tuff i know, but i went through this in 08 which forced me to join the navy, well not forced i wanted to. The next boom is going to be starting mid feb. Hitting hard in the eastern nm patch. Its going to be the wild west out there. Anyhow, i def appreciate your input. Im just trying to figure out how to make it work at the drivers seat. It cant be illegal what they do if so they wouldnt exist. Drive safe sir !

5. FishOrCutBait

Dec 13, 2015
    Did you turn in you truck to bridger or did you stick it out ?

6. Arky

Arky Heavy Load Member

Jun 7, 2013
    Yeah, I have no real experience with them either. But from everything Ive seen posted here, I think the answer lies in the last two words of your sig line and username.... cut bait. There may be a few fish left, but something tells me the Bridger fish are pretty wormy.

FishOrCutBait Thanks this.
  7. FishOrCutBait

Dec 13, 2015
  8. QualityMike

QualityMike Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2011
    North Dakota
    Just my 2 cents. If it is such a great deal for you and the company, why don't they tie your lease to a percentage of revenue you get for hauling the oil. Never buy any equipment from the same place that gives you the work to pay off that equipment. Good luck.

FishOrCutBait Thanks this.
  9. FishOrCutBait

Dec 13, 2015
    Well said. After much much debating and pm's ,
    Im going to let that fish swim on by. Thanks everyone for the input.

10. Luke628

Luke628 Light Load Member

Aug 20, 2013
    Houston,Tx
    For the love of god don't sign with Bridger.

It's a total scam.

They make you sign a 3 year lease. They call it a lease purchase but the 5 grand a month your paying for the lease doesn't go to the principal, it goes in Bridgers pockets. At the end of 3 years you can buy the truck at Full Market Value. So you just gave them 150k for a truck they paid 80k for. And you don't even get the title unless you give them another 50-60k. You also have to pay for truck insurance, the fuel. EVERYTHING! The liability is on you if you get in a wreck or have a spill.

Yes they bought out SCC. But they already lost the Shell account once. No guarantee Shell will let them have the work they bought from SCC. I've talked to pumpers that said flat out they want nothing to do with with Bridger cause so many eff ups by their drivers in the past. The drivers are under enormous pressure with all they have to pay so they're like to eff up as they have to hustle hard.

I talked to Bridger drivers and they have these dead looks on their faces like they've been through hell. They tell me they regret signing cause they're trapped. If they turn the truck in they have to pay for new tires, any maintenance issue they can dream up. One guy I know quit and they hit him with a 16k final bill and wrecked his credit.

Bridger= Scamming Scumbag pieces of Sheet.

11. bbq247365

bbq247365 Light Load Member

Oct 19, 2012
    "I talked to Bridger drivers and they have these dead looks on their faces like they've been through hell..."

LMAO, Bridger shell shock...

BentleyB Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.