Bruenger Co Lease

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by itaff, Apr 6, 2015.

1. stormy379

stormy379 Medium Load Member

Jan 19, 2014
    Delaware Ohio
    Keep learning and keep trying. Still reading every post.

itaff Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. itaff

itaff Medium Load Member

Nov 18, 2013
    Amen Stormy.. Learning routs and fuel are such an importian part of this job.. The good news is that some of this last weeks fuel was on that settlement so, this weeks check wil be just that much better..

Sounds like we just lost the first driver from our group.. Don't know what happen but kind of sad to hear.. Was hopping that we all made it.. It is a very doable business, I'm sure we all hit hick ups but this is why it is so importian to put a little money aside from each settlement.. starting next quarter I purchased a program that wil separate my pay, and taxes, from profit. It will allow me to put my pay in one account, my taxes and social security in another and my company profit yet in another.. This will insure I always have money to pay taxes, money in my business account for tires, oil changes and my payroll is needed.

For those a that are reading even tho I had a negative this week, I calculate that this comming up week will be some where between 2,700 and 3,000 after every thing is payed so still averaging around that $1500 even with a bad week..

I am really enjoying being home again this week.. Let's see how long Wisconsin can keep this rotation up for me..

stormy379 Thanks this.
  4. stormy379

Jan 19, 2014
    Delaware Ohio
    Good job man. Heck I'm just a company driver with 22yrs out here. I was thinking about joining the l/o game a little while back but i decided that having health benefits is a little more important at this stage of our lives. Besides I'm making a good cpm. which allows me to not have to work as hard. Lol to tell you the truth, I'd be a lease op in a heartbeat if I could find the perfect truck. Which is a Peterbilt in my opinion. And I'm making a delivery to Denton Tx at the Peterbilt factory tomorrow morning. Sure wish I had a bigger checkbook.

itaff Thanks this.
  5. itaff

itaff Medium Load Member

Nov 18, 2013
    Nice man.. Well u know what they say, there's nothing sweeter that a big old Peter.. Hope u win the lottery on your way to Denton..

I have been kinda of lucky that my wife works so we piggyback her insurance.. If anything ther ever happened I think we would be in trouble..

I would be fine as a company driver also, I think there is money out here for anyone working for it.. In the end game we all get the same thing the freedom of the open road..

stormy379 Thanks this.
  6. itaff

itaff Medium Load Member

Nov 18, 2013
    This is the best job in the world..there is no greater felling than drinking Coffey, driving down the road chasing the American Dream!! If you have a positive can do attitude you can do this!!

scottlav46 and stormy379 Thank this.
  7. stormy379

Jan 19, 2014
    Delaware Ohio
    Lol sounds like someone got some extra sleep

RERM and itaff Thank this.
  8. itaff

itaff Medium Load Member

Nov 18, 2013
    So as I was pulling out of my house today and heading down the road, I noticed some red and blues behind me. Thinking they where just passing, I pulled to the side and of course they pull right behind me..

The Officer walked up and I have my license in hand to give it to him. He looks at me and asked what I was doing? I replied working? He said, let me explain why I pulled you over. ok? You ran the stop sign! I said nope, pretty sure I didn't do that! (There was a construction zone where they had a car and a 1/2 length to pass through, so I stopped back where ther was two car lengths before continuing.) The officer said I seen you do it!! I again said no, you didn't see me run a stop sign and I'll see u in court if u think u did.. He asked well if u did not run where did u stop? I said, right before the lane condenses and you can only drive one car through! He said, that's a little far back. I said you have no defined line indicating where to stop, so I stopped where I felt it to be safest.

I guess he must of figured my reason made since because he gave me my license and told me it was not worth arguing about and walked away.. Dam right it was not worth arguing about, because I stopped.. Lol

Anyway I think it's time to get a camera in my truck.. Maybe I will buy one in the next few weeks, there are so many people who try to blame us truck drivers for incidents that I feel this would be some assured insurance..

Does anyone use a camera and if so what is a good model?

9. stormy379

Jan 19, 2014
    Delaware Ohio
    Give me a little time, my company is just itching to put a Forward facing camera, AND a driver facing camera in my truck. Probably in the next week. :-(

itaff Thanks this.
  10. Joetro

Joetro Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Post Falls, ID
    There is no way on earth I would ever allow a driver-facing camera in my truck. If the feds were to ever mandate it, I'll hang it up and flip burgers or something.

Ivan, it sounds like you've gotten a pretty good handle on the L/O thing. Good on ya.

Me, I'm in Billings, at the moment, getting unloaded, then I'll head for home, deliver tomorrow in Spokane and take the weekend off. I've got to get my old cabover moved off the place where my buddy was living, since he moved and they're getting ready to turn it into a development. I just have to figure out where to put it. My step-brother said he wants it to turn into a water truck, so, hopefully that pans out. I don't want to just junk it, since it has a good running 3406B and a 15 speed.

itaff Thanks this.
  11. itaff

itaff Medium Load Member

Nov 18, 2013
    I love seeing a classic Cabover restored and burning down the road.. Wish I had the money to restore one to pristine condition.. I would haul with it.. She would be a money maker..

Also isn't there a grandfather clause in the Cabover that would allow to run through Cali without an EGR system.. ??

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.