Can a trucking school loose there state, federal funding?

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by maverick88, Sep 4, 2015.

1. maverick88

maverick88 Light Load Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Does it matter if a trucking school has lost their funding? Is it like a college that's not accredited? And the diploma isn't worth the paper its written on?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    some companies will only hire from accredited schools

4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Some don't care. DSW Trucking advertises, "We hire from any CDL schools."

5. maverick88

Nov 21, 2012
    But does it matter? Lets say you want to go to a private cdl school and they lost funding, would it be worth it? Even though they are a school? I heard of a school in Iowa that lost funding and a couple students bailed because the students said the diploma wouldn't be worth the paper it was written on.
    Now the "school" is suing the students to get their money but the students are fighting and using the lost funding as their reason.

6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Doesn't matter as long as the student gets the diploma. Trucking companies couldn't care less if the school loses funding. Those two students that bailed are the same type that would quit a perfectly good trucking job because someone in a truck stop said they heard a rumor the company is filing bankruptsy even though it may not be true. Sure, just quit now and worry about the facts later.

mrdot Thanks this.
  7. maverick88

Nov 21, 2012
    That's kind of an unfair statement to make, nether you or I or anyone else knows the school or the students and why the students quit, to presume and attack there character is out of line and an arrogant and pre-judgment statement. There could be more issue with the school then funding.

8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    You posted the students quit because someone told them the diploma would be no good. You posted it in Post #4. They quit based on some rumor they heard and not facts. I don't care enough to post anymore about it.

9. 8thnote

8thnote Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2013
    Chattanooga, TN
    As a truck driver, I feel that I am qualified to attack the character of others based solely on the type of truck they drive, the company they work for, the type of sandwich they order from Subway, or any number of various and sundry reasons.

str8t10, Cranky Yankee and Chinatown Thank this.
  10. maverick88

Nov 21, 2012
  11. maverick88

Nov 21, 2012
    You need to read it again and please point out where it says "I said they quit because they heard rumors and not facts"?

Chinatown, Don't get mad, I was asking a simple question about a school and funding, your the one that started making unfounded judgments on the students character based when neither you or I know the students of the whole story.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.