Cascadia Antenna Solutions

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by mike5511, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Neverready

Neverready Medium Load Member

Jul 24, 2014
    Pocomoke City, Md.
    Tried isolating the dipole.Using a bicycle inner tube I insulated the mount from the perch swr went to 1.5 at 27.185. tightened everything up rechecked swr went to 2.2. Removed mount and put second layer of inner tube on perch tightened everything up swr stayed at 1.5. Broke 1 mount making sure everything was tight. Now we'll run it this week and see if wind, vibration and potholes allow antenna to rotate on perch with the rubber sleeve in place.

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bulldog9901

Bulldog9901 Bobtail Member

Jul 19, 2015
    Rays cb shop in Memphis Just sold me a connex 3300hp. Plugged it in and it works great with the factory setup. At about six miles the cb guy at the Joplin FnJ faded while still giving me loud and clear

4. 762x39

762x39 Bobtail Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Hello all. I looked around this thread and couldn find anything. Does anyone know where the factory antenna is located on a 2016 cascadia? Also, what's the best way to access and remove this antenna. Will removing the factory cb antenna mess up the factory tv receiver antenna that is also built into these newer cascadias? Thanks!

5. AfroBat

AfroBat Medium Load Member

Jul 24, 2008
    Los Angeles, Ca.
    I bought a pair of Serreo antennas I think that's how it's spelled I'll let you guys know in the morning, they are made in Italy and just pop em on and go!
    Instant 1.5 match flat across the band each and performance is above the rest!
    They have made good skip shooters I haven't tried my 6K Astaic on my freightliner I may buy 2 one K's just to see I love them too those I know for a fact are above anything on the market!
    A fact I will testify to.

6. AfroBat

Jul 24, 2008
    Los Angeles, Ca.

7. AfroBat

Jul 24, 2008
    Los Angeles, Ca.
    The stock is junk try an after market from ebay that goes for both TV and CB.
    Company don't like it leave, it's probably better that you do anyways.

8. Neverready

Jul 24, 2014
    Pocomoke City, Md.
    On the new cascadias the antenna is in the roof. Your best bet is to simply disconnect factory system from the radio and run new coax to an exterior mounted antenna. That way the factory system for tv and stereo are left intact and if you change trucks you can just connect factory system back to radio if it is company supplied and take your antennas and mounts with you

mike5511 Thanks this.
  9. 762x39

762x39 Bobtail Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Thanks for reply. I'm confused. Are cb, stereo as tv all using the same antenna? I plan on using an external firestik mounted on driver mirror. Do I need to remove factory cb antenna if using external firestik? Thanks

10. Neverready

Jul 24, 2014
    Pocomoke City, Md.
    I'm not sure about the tv but on older Cascadias the coax from the antennas was routed to a splitter from which separate coax went to the stereo and CB. The splitter was located in the dash behind speedometer panel. I have seen some Cascadias that had Antennas for cb mounted on one side and am/fm on the other. the antennas were labeled so you would put them on the correct side. On the new Cascadias I don't know what is tied together. If you are using your own coax and mounts I would just leave the factory set up alone. Some have said having the factory antennas removed would help your swr, but if you have the antenna in the roof under the headliner I don't think it would be worth the trouble to remove personally.

mike5511 Thanks this.
  11. L.B.

L.B. Third Generation Truck Driver

Jul 23, 2007
    Middle GA
    I've always had horrible SWR with the factory connections thru the splitter. Here's how I fixed it.

There is a cable connection leading from the drivers side antenna to the splitter box found behind the kick panel next to the clutch pedal. You will have to take the panel off that covers weather gasket at the bottom of the door. It's held on with three torx screws.

Once you pull this sill plate off you can pull the kick panel off just to the front of it. You will find the connection with enough excess cable to run up behind the speedo cluster tied up. Untie it and stretch it out.

Remove the torx screws holding the speedo cluster in and pull it out just enough to get the splitter box. Here you can remove the cable from the splitter labeled "to CB" and connect it to the cable you stretched out after you feed it up behind the cluster. There is a gap big enough to feed it up and there is plenty of cable. Almost like it was left that way on purpose.

Once you have this connected you will have a direct connection between the CB and the drivers side antenna. Your am fm radio will use the passenger side antenna.

Reassemble all the parts you took off and you are done. My SWRs with a stock antenna went from a 3:1 to 1.2:1 just doing that.

Hope this helps.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.