Celadon truck equiped

Discussion in 'Celadon' started by fueldog, Feb 7, 2009.

1. warzone07

warzone07 Bobtail Member

Aug 15, 2011
    madera,ca
    good morning.i havent driven a truck since dec 2010.so 8 months ago.i know you have to take a drive test,so if you fail they send you home are they put you in a truck with a trainer.i use to be a hostler docking 53'reefers.downshifting might be an issue but i know once i get back in the motions ill be good.i was with werner enterprises until i did 180' hit the middle median on i-81 in oragan mm#325,truckers you know that spot.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Sequoia

Sequoia Road Train Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Celadon doesn't have trainers.
    I believe if you fail the road test you're sent home.

4. lil may

lil may Road Train Member

May 25, 2009
    Yep you are right one mess up and you go home No trainer

5. niideep

niideep Bobtail Member

Aug 21, 2011
    orange Park, Fl
    Are you guys Celadon drivers now?, i will be heading to orientation this week. Been back from Afghanistan for 2 weeks now and ready to get on the real, safe roads. Any pointers for me, getting back into the OTR mindset.

6. USIT420

USIT420 Light Load Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Their "drop yard" in Atlanta is a Knight terminal. You'll be taking your chances there, depending on who's working the guardshack. I was turned away three times for parking there while I was trying to take hometime. All three times I had to end up parking my rig at the Pilot. In my experience, the Knight people would only let you drop trailers there, no tractors

7. gearjammer0801

gearjammer0801 Bobtail Member

Jan 17, 2011
    when i was there 2 tears ago they used both ezpass and prepass they also used e logs WARNING if you go on an unauthorized toll with ezpass Celadon will take it out of your pay

8. gearjammer0801

gearjammer0801 Bobtail Member

Jan 17, 2011
    does'nt surprise me one of the worst companies I ever drove for

9. truckermario

truckermario Road Train Member

Sep 24, 2006
    No troubles here. I like them, and their trailers aren't crap like Swift.

10. dtouche

dtouche Bobtail Member

May 8, 2010
    USA
    Celadon Tractors are basic and only favor the company. Celadon only has gauges and readouts that monitor equipment and do not really assist the driver in setting trailer tandems or determining weather conditions such as outside temperature, like when it gets around 30-34 deg. and is raining. Stuff that could really help a driver. No converters, No frig. no frills, just the basic truck. IMO it cost a bit more to drive for Celadon because of the baseness of the equipment. Don't let the outside shinny fool ya. . Also they have just started to govern trucks at 62 mph. Be ready for the slow slog in the granny lane. The Trailers are new so little to say there.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  11. Sequoia

Sequoia Road Train Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Tampa Bay, FL
    I'm still trying to get a handle on this scale ticket thing. If the load is over 41k they'll load $12 on your fuel card to pay for the scale...which is great if your fuel stop is also the same place you're scaling. But a few times I've had full tanks and my fuel stop is 600 miles down the road and I need to scale where I'm at. Sooo..how do I get paid back for that? I've been sending in the receipts marked "Paid cash out of pocket for scale ticket" and have been hoping for the best.

Worst case scenario I'll have to make a special trip to see payroll with all these trips and scale tickets and ask them "what the heck do I do to get paid for these?" because the DMs just spit back a canned message that is of no help.

Not sure what the deal is with Right Weight trailers, either. I've had two and the numbers they were spitting out weren't matching the scale ticket on the tandems.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.