Cell phone reception data issues

Discussion in 'Cellular - Voice - Data' started by revin57, May 10, 2015.

1. revin57

revin57 Light Load Member

May 28, 2013
    Dogtown
    I have a Samsung S5 with sprint unlimited data. I have issues with data roaming in Montana,Nebraska, and upper Idaho. I have contacted sprint and they tell me that my plan is not the problem but the fact that no cell towers exist in these aress. Montana is the worst one.
    Sprint recommend a booster app or data app. Does anyone have the same issue? Or do you know if booster antennas would work?
    Thanks for help

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    They are telling you that service is not available from their company, in those areas. It is possible that an app might help in "fringe" areas, but I doubt it very much. Not all carriers have service in these remote, lightly populated areas. There are many rural areas that just don't have cell coverage. Not as many as there used to be, but there are still those areas.
    It's a good idea to figure you will NOT have coverage. Then if you DO have, you can be pleasantly surprised. We didn't even HAVE such a thing as cell phones, not too many years ago. Now, we have grown to depend on them, and are kind of list without them. Sort of like losing electric power during the summer, when you live in the desert.

bullhaulerswife Thanks this.
  4. revin57

May 28, 2013
    Dogtown

snowwy Thanks this.
  5. revin57

May 28, 2013
    Dogtown
    I understand that!
    Thanks for the quick reply, I will take your advice. So true very dependent on cell phones
    Thanks

bullhaulerswife Thanks this.
  6. CougFan

CougFan Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Buy a cheap $10 tracfone for those areas. Darn things work everywhere, just no data. But good to have in case you need it.

albert l and bullhaulerswife Thank this.
  7. revin57

May 28, 2013
    Dogtown
    Thank you

8. bullhaulerswife

bullhaulerswife Forum Leader/Admin Staff Member Administrator

Jul 23, 2007
    Midwest
    Sprint doesn't work from just west of Grand Island to the WY border in NE. And Verizon does.

I have issues at times, going south into Colorado with my Verizon phone, but honestly it's far better than Sprint.

I'm not sure what the hold up is with Sprint, other than they cannot reach an agreement for use of the towers in that area. :(

9. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Just out of curiosity, where in Colorado do you have problems with Verizon? I've used them all over the state, and that was way back in 2004 and earlier.

Used to have a problem with T Mobile in the midwest. Had a company phone that was T Mobile, and I was constantly using my own Verizon through Nebraska, Iowa, parts of Minnesota and Wisconsin. . .That was back in 2002 or so. . .

10. Balakov100

Balakov100 Road Train Member

May 10, 2012
    Temple, TX
    I tried switching from Verizon to Sprint a couple years ago..cause they are a lot cheaper.
    I think....I may have lasted a week or two.

Sprint just sux lol...Well there might be one or two regulars here that swear by Sprint. :p

11. bullhaulerswife

bullhaulerswife Forum Leader/Admin Staff Member Administrator

Jul 23, 2007
    Midwest
    385 Going south off I76 about 100 miles. @Big Don

Big Don Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.