Chains as an IC.

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by FatDaddy, Sep 24, 2015.

1. FatDaddy

FatDaddy Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Katy, TX or Swedesboro, NJ
    Did a quick search but didn't see anything and forgot to bring up in orientation last month nor was it covered.

If I decide to run West...and that's a big IF but I want to keep my options open....through a state that chains are required to carry...are we required to purchase chains...or does Schnieder use a chain bank,provide chains, or have an option available to buy at discounted price?

Thanks for any info.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Sni has authorized chain bank vendors you can use and pay Sni fleet price for them.

FatDaddy Thanks this.
  4. atruckr

atruckr Road Train Member

May 14, 2011
    Victorville CA
    We can get discounts as drvrtech77 said.. But don't forget anything for the trailer SNI covers. We pay for the chains on the tractor but SNI provides free chains/cables for the trailer. Can pick up a pair at most OC's I believe .. If not you can get them at Western OC's..

5. rickybobby

rickybobby Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    greensboro, nc
  6. strannyd

strannyd Bobtail Member

Sep 30, 2015
    I've been looking into the IC programmer Schneider. does anyone here have information on the French Camp yard in California? Would that be a good area To work the choice program? I would be doing percentage not mileage pay.

7. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    Chains are those shiny things hanging from the necks of eastern european drivers wearing track suits and tennis shoes. Smelling like they bathe in a pool of cologne.

8. Florida Playboy

Florida Playboy Road Train Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Florida
    HA! Those guys are awesome.

9. moosc

moosc Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Lincolnton NC
    I thought it was in your contracts that all ic are supposed to carry chains. If they do require you to carry chains then they should provide them..

10. FatDaddy

FatDaddy Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Katy, TX or Swedesboro, NJ
    I haven't seen anything about being required to carry them unless you travel through states that require them.

I saw something on crossroads that said that an IC will be provided with a set of chains that he will be required to turn back in when his/her lease is up.

11. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    No..we are not required to carry chains on truck just to carry them..we only have to get them when we go out west...that's it...there's nothing in this contract that says we must carry at all times.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.