check climate unit datalink

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by beckstr, Feb 9, 2013.

1. beckstr

beckstr Bobtail Member

Feb 9, 2013
    I got 2004 volvo 670 with egr Cummins ISX well the problem is my HVac quit working. To be more precise it will no turn blower in the cab and there is the message on the dash "check climate unit datalink". the blower in the sleeper works. ac clutch wont engage. i replaced the blower and the resistor . problem still there...all other functions as flow control and temperature are working . tried to diagnose under climate unit but comes back as operation failed. checked current on compressor and its not getting positive. what are your suggestions? thnks in advnce

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Pablo-UA

Pablo-UA Road Train Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Borispol, Ukraine
    Bad J1708 wiring to climat unit ore datalinl was buzy when climat unit "wanted" to get some data.. if code stored, pay no attention

4. beckstr

beckstr Bobtail Member

Feb 9, 2013
    Pablo-ua . The problem remains as the blower wont turn on its not getting negative current. J1708 is it the wire drawn from climate controls? Theres no code since it cant succesfully connect when you try to diagnose. Would you have a wiring diagram of the climate unit? Dont have idea of the location of this j1708. Thanks. Your help is very appreciated.

5. Pablo-UA

Pablo-UA Road Train Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Borispol, Ukraine
    blower is PWM controlled with small MOSFET hidden in power regulator mounted on motor (front blower in dash)

6. Suad Beske

Suad Beske Bobtail Member

Aug 3, 2015
    I have same exact problem and I dont see that you guys posted anything that would solve this issue..pleaeese help

7. Suad Beske

Aug 3, 2015
    Pablooooo do you have any sugestions

8. Suad Beske

Aug 3, 2015

Hi Beckstri,

How did you solve the issue...I have sam problem with my volvo..
    Thanks

9. Suad Beske

Aug 3, 2015
    Got the issue resolved,my manual control unit died(the control where you turn on/off your AC/HEAT,adjusting it etc)..It was 350$ but to make sure that is the problem I took off mine and tried it first in my friends truck.

Good Luck

Roadric Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.