Cheeseman Trucking, Fort Recovery, Ohio

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by runningman0661, Sep 5, 2010.

1. cpape

cpape Desk Jockey

Jul 15, 2010
    Dubuque, IA
    Doping?? Positive?? Are you talking about the Tour de France?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TDriver4Life

TDriver4Life Medium Load Member

Zumstein (as far as this driver knows) was bought or merged into Cheeseman.

4. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Cheeseman and Zumstein merged a few years ago..........John Cheeseman retired, sold Cheeseman to Ed Zumstein and he decided to keep the Cheeseman name. Zumstein no longer exists, you will still see us pulling alot of Zumstein trailers.

canuck in da truck Thanks this.
  5. zyk285

zyk285 Medium Load Member

Sep 14, 2010
    North Carolina
    There is a Crown plant where I live and I see a lot of Cheeseman trucks going in and out of the plant. I remember seeing Zumstein going in there before they merged. Glad to see someone enjoying there job. Keep up the good work.

6. snowman_w900

snowman_w900 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2010
    they seem to have pretty much all newer truck and trailers.....

7. runningman0661

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    They do have some older Macks and 9200 Intl.. I'm currently driving an 05 Mack with 500K, but its well maintained and the rumor is that after the first of the year they will be ordering new trucks. The majority of there trucks are Prostars and they just got 100 new trailers a few months ago.

8. runningman0661

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Well for a short week I was able to squeak out 2534 miles. I left out Sunday Morning with a load going to Northern Ma.. I dropped there Tuesday morning and went 40 miles down the road to drop and hook with a load headed to Tipp City, Ohio with another drop and hook on the other end. I sent in my empty call about 0700 and waited, and waited, and waited for a load. usually within 20 minutes I have my next load assignment, but with it being the day before Thanksgiving, dispatch was scrambling to get all the drivers home for the holiday. I don't envy them with the level of stress they must have felt yesterday. My hats off to everyone in the operations department for getting everyone home that wanted to be home.

Finally about 1430 they had me head to the yard in Fort Recovery to pick up a load heading back down to the yard in S.C.. I pulled into the house this morning about 0900. I will find out Saturday when I will be leaving out again. I figure it will be sometime Sunday. I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving with the ones you love and your in laws.

canuck in da truck Thanks this.
  9. runningman0661

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Well I just got off the phone with dispatch with my load to start next week. He offered me four different loads, Ma., Ct., Tn., or Toledo, Ohio. I decided on the Toledo load...its 638 miles, one stop with a 0830 delivery on Monday. After looking at the weather forecast I might regret it, but I might as well get my snow cherry popped for the year. I already have my trucked stocked with all my Winter gear, im sure when I get empty in Toledo I will most likely go up into Michigan to make pick ups.

I have had a great extended stay at home over the holiday weekend, and will head to the yard about 0700 in the morning. I hope everyone has a safe and productive week.

10. Trashtrucker1265

Trashtrucker1265 Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Inverness, Fl
    This whole time I'm thinking you're still running drop deck, guess that isn't the case anymore? Are you pulling a van for this current company, I know you stated earlier that you made the transition because of the hometime options, I guess I just didn't put 2 and 2 together and realize you were running van now. Whatever the case may be, hopefully the choice to switch is working out for you, every time I see a Keen truck I have to wonder how you, and the other guys stayed out for such extended periods of time in those tiny pete's. Atleast lonestar, hackyl and other heavy haul companies offered their drivers a little more room in their petes, those tiny Keen sleepers have to get cramped after about a week.

11. runningman0661

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Yes im a box jockey again, as all my Keen buddies like to remind me. Keen was hands down the best company I ever drove for, but I just wanted to be home more. There sleepers are small, but they ordered a test truck with an even smaller sleeper. There always trying to watch there weights and with all the new emissions on the newer trucks they just keep getting heavier and heavier.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.