Cheeseman Trucking, Fort Recovery, Ohio

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by runningman0661, Sep 5, 2010.

1. frdr

frdr Medium Load Member

Aug 25, 2007
    houston, tx.
    They sound kind of "cheesey".

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. snowman_w900

snowman_w900 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Hey running man, do they let you have ridders or no. it sounds like you have a pretty decent deal. how long is there oreintation?

4. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Yes you can have riders as long as the proper paperwork is filled out. Orientation is 2.5 days. Get there Monday, and it starts on Tuesday. You will be done on Thursday afternoon and get a dispatch that day usually headed home so you can get your truck set up.

5. snowman_w900

Nov 25, 2010
    thanks, i was kinda looking at the hiring areas, not sure where your from....but i live around cincinatti. where did you do your orientation at?

6. runningman0661

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    I live just South of Charlotte, N.C. ....they have a terminal in S.C.. We are always going through Cincy.. Orientation is done at the main terminal in Fort Recovery, Ohio.

7. snowman_w900

Nov 25, 2010
    thanks for the info. i am currently and owner op and have been for goin 8 years now. flatbedding and pulling a bucket is what i do right now, but winter is here and i just thought about hoping in a company truck for while...work has slowed down,and i am tired of tarpin in the winter, and to tell ya the truth, i was just maybe looking for a change of pace for a while. dunno, might like a company job...havent had one for a while. just looking for a decent one, not a rip off like most of the big companys are from what i see and hear anyways........

what kinda of home time ya get.....do get choce of loads or anyting like that or do they say, well we got ya goin to this place or that place. like i said , i have never had a company job with a big company. i did with a real small company when i was 18 when i first started truckin, but when i turned 21, i was on my own.been that way ever since. not sure how the big companys really work. just kinda curious. thanks for all the info and updates r-man......

8. runningman0661

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    They say home weekly.....but in three months I have been stuck out a couple times not by choice. I don't mind being out the occasional weekend, because I just came from a company where I usually stayed out 4 to 5 weeks. As far as load choice...if your at one of the terminals they may give you a choice of 3 or 4 different loads if they have them, but at other times it might be whatever is available.

9. runningman0661

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    I had a pretty busy week. I Left last Sunday with a load off of our yard in Sc going to Toledo, Ohio for a 0800 delivery. I kicked that off with out a hitch, and went to pick up load of forklift batteries in Fremont Ohio going over to New Bremen, Ohio. From there I went to P&G in Lima, Ohio Going to Middle Village, NY (Queens)...now I volunteered to take this load, but in the end the $80 they pay us to go into the Burroughs wasn't worth it. I stayed at the TA in Columbia, NJ exit 4 in I80, I was only 90 miles from the customer and had a 1200 noon appt.. I left 6 hours early to give myself plenty of time, im glad I did because unbeknown to me all other bridges except the GW were closed due to high winds (this will come back to be bite me later on in the story) so it took me 5.5 hrs to go the 90 miles to the customer. I got unloaded in about an hour, and was given a load that picked up later that night in York, Pa.. I left Queens and headed to the the Verazzano bridge, well again I had no idea that all bridges were shut down due to high winds. I got to the Verazzano and had two choices...turn around and fight traffic all the way back to the GW or wait it out. I decided just to wait it out, and about an hour and half later they finally allowed trucks to cross.

I headed to York, Pa. for a d/hook pick up going to Detroit for the next day. I picked up the load and called it a night. I got up bright and early and made it to my delivery in Detroit about 1500. From there I went back to P&G in Lima, Ohio and picked up another load going to Albany, Ny. for a 2000 appt. Friday night. I was empty in Albany fairly quickly and was given a load, that load anytime Sat. morning coming back down to SC for a Monday delivery. I ran in Snow most of this past week, and all day yesterday from Binghampton, NY all the way into NC. I finished the week with 3756 miles, but only 3035 will be on this pay period. When I deliver Monday mid-morning I will have about 879 miles to start next week off with. I hope everyone has a safe and productive week.

BlueParrot and canuck in da truck Thank this.
  10. snowman_w900

Nov 25, 2010
    runnin man, sounds like your doin well, gettin plenty of miles thats for sure. talked to a guy by the name of bob thats in recruiting, but he said they werent hiring in my area......thought that was kida werid, but oh well. thanks for keeping us up dated. be safe out there.....

11. zyk285

zyk285 Medium Load Member

Sep 14, 2010
    North Carolina
    Runningman, I sat beside truck 523 today in Kinston, NC at a stop light, was wondering if it was you or not. It was a Mack truck. Sounds like you are making plenty of money at Cheeseman! Hope you continue to enjoy your job.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.