Choosing your load with TMC. Potential TMC recruit.

Discussion in 'TMC' started by ctoles86, Jun 5, 2015.

1. ctoles86

ctoles86 Light Load Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Hello to all,
    I am very interested in working for TMC after several weeks of hunting for a "fit" for my lifestyle and income goals. What I like about TMC:
    Percentage pay w/ tarp pay, detention pay, etc.
    Structure and discipline to an extent
    Home time
    Equipment and training

Therefore, I recently spoke with a new driver who just completed his training and is now on his own. He was talking about how he has the option to choose his own freight to an extent, can any current drivers give any input towards this? He also advised he leaves out Sunday night, and makes 1000-1200 per week so far. He says he hustles hard and is now up to 28% after his first months review.
    In addition, I have my HAZMAT endorsement and was advised TMC does haul hazmat loads occasionally. Any input?
    Thanks to all drivers out their who can give me some advice.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ctoles86

ctoles86 Light Load Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Is their any TMC drivers from south / mid Georgia area? If so, how is freight and being able to get home every week?

4. freebirdusa

freebirdusa Light Load Member

Oct 21, 2014
    Thomaston ga
    Don't know how the freight is. But I live in Thomaston Ga which is kinda south. And I have been cleared for hire. Im just trying to decide if I want to go from dry van to flatbed. They are just waiting for my decision . Then I will get an orientation date. Recruiter says I will be running southeast regional(which is what Im doing now with another decent company). TMC pays more though. Don't really care to run 62mph, but Im only running 66mph now. So whats the big difference. I could go with the percentage pay with TMC and the slow miles may not matter. I really like their Black Peterbilts. I here they want them to stay clean. Which is no problem because I want a clean truck also. A lot of weekends I wash my truck at home myself instead of eating up my 14 hour clock in line at a blue beacon. TMC lets you bring the truck home also. So the answer to your question is that they do have southeast regional routes. I see there trucks everyday in the southeast. Maybe they cant run cb radios. I cant ever get a TMC driver to answer me when I ask him if he has his radio on. But they will talk to you at truckstops. Every driver that I have talked to had nothing but good things to say about TMC. Also for you and myself being in the south, we would go to orientation in Columbia SC (if I remember correctly). I think the recruiter said that since I have 31 years experience trucking I will do a one or two week orientation class then ride with a trainer for a week or two to make sure I have the tarping/strapping and chaining figured out. I think she said you get paid 100.00 a day for orientation.

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  5. Bigriggin93

Bigriggin93 Bobtail Member

Aug 26, 2019

I know they have a huge contract in South fl hsuling plywood and I believe a terminal there as well

6. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Choosing freight as in the dispatcher gives u a couple loads to choose from. Not actually getting ur own loads

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.