clean drivers abstract

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by polo104, Jul 25, 2016.

1. polo104

polo104 Bobtail Member

Jul 25, 2016
    Hello everyone.
    I was going to register for course, and while browsing this forum I noticed a thread on drivers abstracts. Last winter, a lady t-boned me while I was making a left turn, she just hit the gaz on a red light for no apparent reason, I had green left turn arrow.
    I got a letter from the insurance company stating that my responsibility was 0 %, damages were 5k to my car.
    Other than that my last speeding ticket was in 1996...
    Am I screwed for truck driving for the next 5-10 years??

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. audeygdad

audeygdad Light Load Member

May 20, 2016
    Hampton roads,Va.
    Was she given a ticket?

4. polo104

polo104 Bobtail Member

Jul 25, 2016
    Thank you for the reply.

Im not sure, but I don't think so. When I left they were still chatting , the officer said he will exceptionally fill out a report stating that I wasn't responsible (I guess they usually don't do this...). Ahh I hope this is going to be ok...

5. donkeyshow72

donkeyshow72 Light Load Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    Go online and get a copy of your driving record or call your insurance they will tell you what's on there.

6. Macneil

Macneil Heavy Load Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Sudbury, ON., Canada
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you're ok.

7. polo104

polo104 Bobtail Member

Jul 25, 2016
    thank you for the quick (and encouraging) replies, I will be contacting my insurance co and a couple driving schools to ask them about my situation, it would be a shame if I couldn't go forward with my plans.

8. Macneil

Macneil Heavy Load Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Sudbury, ON., Canada
    I was involved in an accident in 09 I believe it was. I was 50% at fault according to the police. I've had my fair share of speeding tickets in my late teens and early 20s. All of the above were in personal vehicles and I've not once had an issue with insurance companies when it comes to driving with a class A/1

9. upnorthwpg

upnorthwpg Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Pull your abstract at your dmv. That will answer your question. Mine still shows an accident I had, but just says involved in motor vehicle collision.

10. polo104

polo104 Bobtail Member

Jul 25, 2016
    Thanks for the replies guys, its encouraging, getting abstract later today from online source, still trying to reach some schools but from their websites seems that I qualify, once I get a confirmation/more info I'll post it here for other newbies that could have the same question.

Macneil Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.