1. Youngtrucker19

Youngtrucker19 Light Load Member

Feb 13, 2013
    Don't if this as been asked and if it has sorry for asking again, but what is the ground clearance of a car hauler. I've watch trailers and trucks come close to bottoming out a few times.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Canned Spam

Canned Spam Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2010
    STL
    Not a whole lot, scientifically speaking.

4. brian991219

brian991219 Road Train Member

Aug 10, 2013
    Lords Valley, PA
    My current 53' Miller high mount has 4 inches of ground clearance, my previous Millers had about 2 1/2 inches with the 19.5 tires. It is very easy to scrape the lower rails on the crown of a road or get high centered (hung up) entering or exiting parking lots. If you watch closely you will notice a lot of car haulers taking entrances at a 45 degree angle to keep from hanging up. We also have to watch for curbs, they will take out our lower rails and destroy the trailer, we can't just mount them like a van trailer would, also backing into a parking spot at a truck stop we can knock out tail lights out on the parking spot stops in the back of the space on the edge. We also have to watch parking in the middle spots to keep from having someone hit the cars that hang off the ends of our trailers.

Terry270 and taxihacker66 Thank this.
  5. Youngtrucker19

Youngtrucker19 Light Load Member

Feb 13, 2013
    Wow I knew they were low but not that low. Good reason you see sparks coming out from under them when they bounce hard.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.