Coated my Dash Panels (pic)

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by kwforage, Apr 14, 2013.

1. kwforage

kwforage Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I just got my dash panels back in after getting them powder coated. Went with silver vein. I was sick of the fake wood. I think it turned out good.

i-FBMhQLh-L.jpg

RERM, Skate-Board, tucker and 11 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MJ1657

MJ1657 Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Isanti, MN
    Looks good!!!!

4. eeb

eeb Heavy Load Member

Mar 24, 2013
    Looks nice, kinda high tech.

5. carrkool

carrkool Heavy Load Member

May 10, 2012
    adah, pa
    Looks good....I am redoing my classics dash panels also. Painting them metalic blue, filling in all the label holes, moving the lights from the right foot panel to the top center panel with in order. marker light clip lights headlights interupter than under that row, bunk light work lights red bunk lights floor lights. than in place of the factory light holes i am putting my dump vavle switches. all chrome gauge covers, vents, toogle switches and labels that go under ever thing. everything with blue jewels and blue labels for the fifth wheel air ride dump and slider. i hope it comes out good...lol

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  6. kwforage

kwforage Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2007
    Wisconsin
    That sounds like alot of work carrkool. I rearranged the order of some of the switches to make things more convenient. I also added the PTO switch below the dump valves. I was surprised to find a label for the PTO back behind the dash. Apparently all the Peterbilts have the PTO label attached to the fiber optic ribbon whether or not they come with one. I put two lights above the switches also to light up the switches at night as I am not OTR and am constantly flipping switches at night. I briefly considered toggle extensions but I hate the ones that have the set screw because they always seem to look crooked. I wish they made one that just slide over tight so even if the switch toggle spins it will look straight.

7. Driver of the year

Driver of the year Medium Load Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Tampa FL
    All you need is the air conditioner vents chrome too as you can buy it anywhere for that model. Looks good.

8. mark2842

mark2842 Light Load Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Lawrenceville,Ga
    looks good. who done them?

9. carrkool

carrkool Heavy Load Member

May 10, 2012
    adah, pa
    Yes its a lot of work but it will be a one of a kind like yours is....

10. saddlesore

saddlesore Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2011
    The Great NorthWet
    This 2012 Pete came with no chrome on the dash... was gonna dress it up but after running at night realized that I didn't have the eye strain issues caused by glare/shine due to chrome rings and such on the dash..Yours looks good anyways
    DSC06176.jpg DSC06178.jpg

11. skinnyb01

skinnyb01 Light Load Member

Feb 7, 2016
    Not a job for the light hearted lol

Attached Files:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.