Company To O/O

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Gucci25, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Gucci25

Gucci25 Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2015
    Hello! I'm 21 with no bills trying to figure out the best route to own my own truck. I have been trucking for 1 month. I make about $990-$1100 net (Knight Company Driver). I have currently saved $3000 dollars. I plan to collect until winter is over. How much should I save? Cassnova601 says to put back $1000 a week. I have come to the conclusion that no matter what used truck i get there will be big repair bill. Should I just save for a year 2000-2003 ($15,000-$24,000) truck and buy it outright then fix it up? What would you do if you was able to save $1000 a week till around April? Almost all the money the truck makes once it gets rolling we go into the truck's engine.

(just realized i stole someones title)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tnevin225

tnevin225 Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2014
    First thing is STOP. Ok now catch your breath and relax, your only 21 and been driving for a month get at least a year or two of experience before you even think about buying a truck. There are plenty of drivers on here with alot of years in this buisness and still have a hard time making it. So take your time, I know it seem exciting right now but get more miles under you and reevaluate in about a year. Also go to the Lets Truck Website and see about going to the CMC in Council Bluffs IA. next year, it's money well spent and you can learn alot there. I will also be attending. Good Luck

4. lots of character

lots of character Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2015
    Go find @double yellow 's thread ( whose title you jacked) and read it.

Secondly you've asked this question twice now ( in two different ways ) and you're expecting different results... The consensus is wait it out

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
    double yellow and Orangees Thank this.
  5. volvoboy

volvoboy Light Load Member

Jun 4, 2014
    Ohio
    First off I would not go lease with knight. Go find a company that pays % of the load and YOU CAN PICK YOUR LOADS. That way you are 100% in control of the money you make. That way there is no reason not to make your truck payment(if you have one), and you can make the money you want to. Your only real options are Schneider, maybe Mercer, ls, or a small company. Second, I would not lease a truck from a company your work for because if they fire you for what ever reason, they you most likely just lost all of that money that you paid and put into the truck. Third, if you have business knowledge then go for it after the winter. If not, then you better have someone you can ask a lot of questions to. Good luck.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.