Conditional job offer with US Xpress

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by Spreadneck, Oct 2, 2015.

1. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Congrats on getting the CDL School out of the way... Now comes the real learning... :)

Good luck on your search... I too was looking seriously at USX but opted to go with a smaller carrier and very glad I do so.

Although USX is probably one of the better big carriers out there, I would keep looking for a bit. You might either find a better fit or affirm that USX is the place for you.

Might start to specifically look at the smaller tier of carriers beyond the mega carriers too.

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Spreadneck

Spreadneck Light Load Member

Jul 31, 2015
    If you live in certain areas you do not have to team. I live in one of those areas.

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  4. dog-c

dog-c Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    New York, NY
    If u decide on usx be sure to leave your car at the terminal if you're based at the shippensburg terminal......its in the middle of nowhere u will be stuck there for days waiting for rides

5. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Never known them to be more of a team driver. They make you team with a student to get easy miles out of you. What would you like me to elaborate on, I just know they throw in dollar general sucker accounts to make you now team with a student driver.

6. TN_Trucker75

TN_Trucker75 Bobtail Member

Jul 23, 2015
    Oh, I was asking you to elaborate on your comment "Yeah all Averitt allows is your spouse...but hey that makes the 30 min mandatory break manageable now." Just giving you a hard time Trooper.

TROOPER to TRUCKER and TruckDuo Thank this.
  7. dog-c

dog-c Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    New York, NY
    The executives at usx sure know what they're doing.......
    Right....
    [​IMG]
    INDIANAPOLIS,Ind. (June 13, 2015)–It was a rough first day on the job for a 22-year-old truck driver who backed his semi into the corner of a north side business Saturday.

Emergency crews were called to the 700 block of East 38th Street at 4:20 p.m.

A 22-year-old driver for US Xpress Enterprises was making a delivery to the Dollar Tree store.

The driver told police he misjudged the turn when he tried to back the truck in.

The trailer struck a building overhang causing an estimated $30,000 damage.

The Dollar Tree was evacuated as a precaution. About 8 customers were inside the store,

No one was injured.

http://fox59.com/2015/06/13/rough-first-day-as-truck-driver-hits-north-side-business/

8. Spreadneck

Jul 31, 2015
    If I get the job, I do not have to team.

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  9. Spreadneck

Jul 31, 2015
    So now I have offers from Wil-Trans, May, Super Service, and USX. This is overwhelming/

10. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    What is it about you that makes you such a hot commodity ? This is odd that so many companies want to hire you.

HorseShoe Thanks this.
  11. Spreadneck

Jul 31, 2015
    Fresh out of school? Good school?

Edit: I applied with like maybe 25 companies.

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.