Conditional job offer with US Xpress

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by Spreadneck, Oct 2, 2015.

1. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    @Spreadneck, your school must speak very highly of you for all these companies lining up around the block trying to snatch you up. It's gonna be a tough decision.

HorseShoe Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Spreadneck

Spreadneck Light Load Member

Jul 31, 2015
    I don't think they have even talked to the school yet. All these offers are still conditional. I'm leaning towards May Trucking or Wil-Trans. Maybe USX.

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  4. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    That depends on how long you've been married and what she says no to now....

5. Vilhiem

Vilhiem Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2014
    I just trained a student that came from super service. He stated that they'll keep you rolling, but do bare minimum repairs.

He ran a dedicated account out of Georgia for a brewery company in/nearby cartersville.

My only bit that I feel I can add... Don't let yourself be limited by the area of "job experience required." Many companies, especially if you're doing a dedicated account with a chain store (stay away from dollar general!!!!!) are going to have lots of miles and will bend the rules a little to let you on.

Otherwise, I'd recommend you get a good start at Schneider... I'm not a fan of their micromanaging, but they do a decent job of keeping you moving. However, you said you're looking for a company that lets you keep pets, so they wouldn't be a fit for you.

As for the number of job offers..consider it a very confusing compliment. ;P

Do your research on each one, most of the time it's easy enough to tell which drivers are complaining for the sake of complaining or have a legitimate gripe. Do some foot work and visit a few truck stops.

I think you said you're up off us-78 in ms...there's a couple places you might find drivers willing to talk to you.

Only 30 minutes...?

6. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    been together 25 years married for 17

TruckDuo and Vilhiem Thank this.
  7. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    That is the warm up before the 10

TN_Trucker75, TruckDuo and Vilhiem Thank this.
  8. Vilhiem

Vilhiem Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2014
    Gotcha... 30 minutes to build a fire, very respectable! ;)

Good to know someone else that has a gap between knowing and married... I get lots of weird looks when I tell people that I've known my fiancée for 8 years, engaged to her 4 years ago and we "still" aren't married.

Far as I'm concerned, folks take it far too quickly now...

9. Congratulations on getting a Class A.

Did you get all your endorsements?

Can you drive into Canada/Mexico?
    (Passport)?
    Twic card?

G13Tomcat, TruckDuo and Vilhiem Thank this.
  10. Torch139

Torch139 Bobtail Member

What's the bad deal with Dollar General accounts?

11. dog-c

dog-c Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    New York, NY
    DG and family dollar accounts are known for the lets shall we say, cumbersome and exhausting trailer unloads (hand unloads on rollers). Some guys can handle it some can't. But the point here is the mega's exploit the drivers time by paying only a set amount for the stop, but the stop can take anywheres from 2-8 hours to unload. So you get $33 for the stop, but it takes you 5 hours to unload, thats $6 dollars an hour. Another way to exploit and degrade the driver financially.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.