Connex 4300-400 WSM

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by 1989 Pete, May 2, 2009.

1. Carolina Thunder

Carolina Thunder Medium Load Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Coeburn V.A.
    Any of the Connex radios whether it be 4600 turbo,4300/300 or 4300/400 will all get really hot if some fool cb tech tunes everything to the max because the small fans from the factory were not designed to keep it cool when maxed out,this is why the after market makes external fan kits for these radios. Have one set to be clean and not an over modulated truck stop radio then they wont over heat and you can hold the key down and talk till your blue in the face!

You boys that buy these super high powered radios just because you think thats all it takes to "get out further" are missing out on something. If you take a high quality antenna like a Predator 10K with low loss coax (not cheap cb shop or truck stop crap ) and SWR to under 1.5 you would talk 15 to 20 miles away with a 20 watt radio. Even further than that out in the flat lands of the Midwest. And of course it depends on were the receiving station is. I used to live on a small hill and i would give guys radio checks that were out on I40 ( 15 miles away ) and I77 ( 35 miles away) and they would call me a liar when i told em were i was!

The point im trying to make is that it takes more than just power along to get out. Do your antenna install cheap and half assed and it wont matter how much power or what kind of radio your using, Your still going to sound like a fart in the wind!

rabbiporkchop and Turbo-T Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Turbo-T

Turbo-T Road Train Member

May 31, 2009
    Well put CT.

"More power" doesn't always cure it, but a well tuned antenna, with good coax, does.

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  4. Red Fox

Red Fox Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2009
    Acworth, Ga.
    I always have to chuckle when these guys brag about getting out 15 miles with a footwarmer.

5. flrabbit

flrabbit Bobtail Member

Nov 1, 2017
    I’ve owned my connex 4300-400 sense they came out in 2009 I’m still using it today in my Ford-f-250 and never have had trouble with it,if I can hear you I can talk to you!

6. Meteorgray

Meteorgray Heavy Load Member

Jan 1, 2016
    That's quite a testimonial for what seems to be a great radio.

Someone in the old thread said they quit making them in 2009 or so. True?

7. Joglz

Joglz Bobtail Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Its a long ago post but I have a question, I have a ranger 63ffb4 can I take the amp and install it on a connex 4600 does anyone know if it works?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.