Considering TMC

Discussion in 'TMC' started by gwilli89, May 4, 2016.

1. elroy33

elroy33 Bobtail Member

Sep 2, 2012
    Any drivers in Richmond VA area? How the home time works out. How about trainers in this area? Wondering if they would put me with someone close to home for training period if I was to be hired on.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hsauer87

Hsauer87 Light Load Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Parkton , North Carolina
    I live in Parton NC just south on 95 from you , home every weekend . anywhere along the I-95 is goof for home time and pay. plenty of trainers in the area ! if not theres me about 150 miles away

elroy33 Thanks this.
  4. Avi8er

Avi8er Light Load Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Michigan
    Any drivers from around SE Michigan that can tell me about home time or freight in the area?

5. oilfieldtrash92

oilfieldtrash92 Bobtail Member

Jul 23, 2016
    How many trainers are near Flatwoods,WV I know the loads in this area are good you always see TMC trucks in and out if this area

6. RCrollin75

RCrollin75 Bobtail Member

Aug 6, 2016
    Maryland
    Anyone in Maryland drive for TMC?

7. russtrucker

russtrucker Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Central PA
    I seen their trucks driving in pa, md, and all the way to iowa. But they are slow as prime.

8. Buc

Buc Medium Load Member

Nov 17, 2012
    I ran that region pretty often during my time there...what's your question?

9. RCrollin75

Aug 6, 2016
    Maryland
    Buc...thanks for the response...I am looking into shifting gears from aviation to trucking. Aviation has treated me well, but it has been hard to find a stable income. I am already away from home more than I would be with TMC (if their home time promise is close to accurate).

I began researching trucking years ago and feel I may be ready to pull chocks and make the move. There are a lot of companies out there that help you get your CDL, but so far most seems to pay very low and have you out for 3-6 weeks at a time. TMC was the first I found that made the promise to get you home each weekend. I am not naive and don't believe every promise an employer makes, but I also realize home time will definitely be effected by where your home is in relation to the loads available.

So the short answer to your question is...I was curious if any drivers from TMC live in MD to see what their home time was like.

10. RCrollin75

Aug 6, 2016
    Maryland
    Curious if there are any trainers in MD for TMC as well?

11. Highway Sailor

Highway Sailor Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Erie,Pa.
    Don't think so....I pass prime trucks all day long...........It may take half a day to get around them but LOL
    It is refreshing to know and see slower trucks then us.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.