Cool Saia Orientation Video from 1989

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Mike2633, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Mike2633

Mike2633 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    Pretty cool video from 1989 talking about the history of Saia LTL Freight.

gsmith2332, road_runner, rachi and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Haya, Mike! You never replied to my reply . . . how goes it, fellow Buckeye? Cool vid, btw~!!!
    You still doing GFS? Man, Fab is desperate here in Ohio. I've got family that works there and they are so good to him, but idk.... i'm still thanking my tanking! Be safe, man.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  4. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    No E logs, no Dpf, no qualcom, no super coops. They had it made.

Mike2633 and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  5. G13Tomcat

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    ^^ I was one of them, for a time. Yeah, it was great. So were payphones, because they were everywhere in the day.

6. Mike2633

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    Yes still working at GFS everyday ha-ha, were busy shipping out food by the truck load and wheeler load. Some of our restaurants have been ordering very very heavy for the big summer time restaurant season. You know good weather, so they get live music in there and all the babes come out and drink specials and the next thing you know it's 4:45am and I've got to roll 4100lbs off of the truck.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  7. G13Tomcat

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    LMAO, i feel ya there, man. More work, more money. I'm too old to do that much work, {in my head, anyway!} . . . Asphalt is all over the place with this early summer; so I gotta run when I can, as much as I can. I'm starting LATE today, because they are SO backed up trying to slam the 6122 and 3257 mixes together, and the input product was late... GRR!~
    I've NEVER off-loaded beer, pop, or 'groceries' . . . did the FedEx thing in 04 and then Transport America and USA truck to get my OTR behind me, 05 and 06. Got this local gig, and love it...except for the winter when the asphalt won't flow, I get stuck hauling for UPC / United Pre-Cast here in Mt. Vernon. They throw OS/OD crap on me I know nothing about. If it weren't for @cnsper and @Hurst , and @TripleSix Six, and many MANY others... i'd be lost. I caught a cop because my Oversized banner was upside down last winter, and I told the officer I was paying a tribute to Dezi Arnez / revo . . . and he let me go. Flat bedding is not for me; I respect the HELL outta those guys, tho. I have to haul what they give me, and however they secure it, and have had a load / concrete beam that was a number in a certain order where I had to be .... SLIP and slide on me / wife and child with ... BECAUSE it wasn't secured correctly on the trailer, from the shipper. I have educated myself in securement, thru the guys above's posts, but .... wow. Just WOW. It's not for the thin skinned, that's for sure.
    Who knows I may jump to FAB for the winter months and then go back to Saunders / Shelly Co. Not sure yet! Keep on keeping on, be safe, bro. I'm gonna grab a light dinner and head out in a few.
    ps: Wife worked for Bob Evans in Mansfield on Hanley for 12 years.....ever been there? She jumped in once for a GFS guy and pulled his T/T brakes, as he forgot to. She was out smoking, by the dumpster, only place allowed, and saw the roll. Said she never heard the air, when he went in the back door to get to a manager.
    Ever hear of that guy? was it you? LoL.
    Sorry to hijack the thread, and Saia was a company I WANTED to go with back in the day, but FedEx Ground although it sucked, paid better. We just had our last child...../thk God...LoL.
    Keep in touch man. thanks.

cnsper, Mike2633 and Hurst Thank this.
  8. Mike2633

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    It wasn't me although in the past we've had situations like that Bob Evans is a chain account and we don't do any of them any more, we used to do those in the 28', but GFS pretty much has all of them on the chain trucks now,I've never done any Bob Evan's for the company. Qudoba yes, Bob Evan's no.

In the past at the yard I work out of they have had all kinds of breaks not being set and trucks rolling around stories.

Earlier this year a converter dolly the breaks were not set and it went rolling right into the front of one of our now ex-drivers car it was very sad. Always have to double check that the breaks are pulled.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.