costco fleet driver

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by hooknbook, Apr 20, 2010.

1. TIJUANA BOY

TIJUANA BOY Bobtail Member

Thanks Received:
    Any info on what the requirements are to qualify for a driver position with costco? CALIFORNIA

2. ice rider

ice rider Bobtail Member

Thanks Received:
    I know you have to have Doubles and hazmat endorsements

3. LEH

LEH Bobtail Member

Thanks Received:
    Costco is a GREAT Company and picks NON "intoxicated" types, not those "with bad vibes" or "rude attitudes"! Suggest mirror first.

4. fortycalglock

fortycalglock Road Train Member

Thanks Received:
    I thought Swift or National Freight had Monroe Township? At least they did when I was hauling box. They have their own fleet now?

5. inktoxicated

inktoxicated Light Load Member

Thanks Received:
    No worries leh im working down the road from them now making more money anyway. You can take your 8 hour shifts with zero overtime

6. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Medium Load Member

Thanks Received:
    Costco seems like a good job. I have a coworker who applied over in Monroe Township, NJ, and from what I heard, it's nothing but drop and hook, and top rate is going up to $25.50, but you start off at $18. Mostly night runs and you work about 8-10 hours a day. Sounds like an sweet job.

7. HardlyWorkingNeverHome

HardlyWorkingNeverHome Medium Load Member

Thanks Received:
    Costco out of Jersey is or at least was contacted out. Swift had a turn. Cowan had a turn. Even JB HUNT. If that is the case still, you would be working for JB HUNT or the like till they lose the contact and the next company takes over.

8. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Medium Load Member

Thanks Received:
    Costco out of Monroe Township has their own fleet. I see their trucks on the turnpike all the time. I think 90% of their loads are contracted and the rest are done by their own fleet. Costco seems to treat their employees real good. Their wage for all their employees is much higher than what Walmart pays.

• Draft saved Draft deleted