Covenant Info

Discussion in 'Covenant' started by Drop'n'Hook, Apr 10, 2009.

1. big wheels

big wheels Medium Load Member

Oct 16, 2009
    florida-USA
    Hello! Its me again. Now I have been on the phone with covenant this morning christmas eve. And they are there(wow). I have been nice and so have they. The problem is my trainer, After being on the truck for two weeks. Started driving on 12/10. Came home for my trainer home time on 12/22 at night(1145 pm)I got off the truck. now Ive done 11 trips total. The dead line date for this pay week was 12/21/09. That a total of 9 trips to be payed. 5000 miles plus. Now my trainer did not turn the trip packs in like he should have. I talked to the fleet manager mr Frost, driver liason mrs Trimby, coordinator Mclin, Two people in pay roll which was so understanding.But I was so upset that the christmas was not coming to our home. I forgot there names. And ms. kelly in advance det. I thank them for the bottom of my heart. The student coordinator Jody Maynor got involved also my calling my trainer for the lack of doing his job. Then I got a call from the supervisor of pay roll Mrs debbie and told me they were going to pay me with out the trip sheet paks. And the trainer was not. Do to lack of his job. We have not been getting alone well anyway. But I do not feel sad for him. Because he was cashing com checks every time we stoped for fuel $200 at a time 3 to for times at one stop. So I figgered he had about 1500 dollors on him when he got off the truck. I do hope this puts some light on the facted that I need a new trainer. I drove my as hard as I could to do a great job. With being a student and ryan frost manager coming up with good runs for us. My first pay check. Thanks to the staff of covenant. Is about $800.00. Now I know that I read thang will slow down when i test out become a driver. The miles is said to come down. And the pay goes up. But $800.00 for 10 days of driving is a good start. WE are going to have christmas at my home thanks to the staff of covenant. I wish every one the best and a merry christmas.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jtrnr1951

jtrnr1951 Road Train Member

Great News Brother !!!! Merry Christmas !!!! Good job, maintain temper-and talk, things can get worked out.........

big wheels Thanks this.
  4. big wheels

Oct 16, 2009
    florida-USA
    Thanks jtrnr1951 Im going to need all the temperment i can get. I dont believe i can get back on the truck after what happen with pay roll. I dont thank i can be trained my a guy that has not idea what hes doing. But i do hope thangs will turn around and I get the training i need to be a safe driver and not only how to do paper work. I do believe paper work is eazy. Fill in the blank. right. You cant be a safe driver by reading a book. You have to be in the driver seat to get it. Its a good idea to have some one there who know what to do when thangs go wrong. Like missing a gear going down hill. Your half crazy for shifting going down hill to begain with. You should be in the right gear before going down the hill. You can read that in a book. But what to do when thangs go wrong and go wrong quickly. You need a good trainer to help you to understand what could go wrong and what might work when it does. Dont sleeping in the back. Ok bla bla bla! Thanks for reading. I ll see you soon as thangs come up.

5. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    Sent you pms. Ryan Frost is a GREAT dispatcher. He was my dsp during my training. Good thing my trainer was ok guy and we had ok relation the whole time. Call Jody first thing on Monday and remind him you want another trainer cause this one is not working for you. He will have to find you someone else and arrange for you guys to meet somewhere. All the best. :biggrin_25519:

ampm wayne and big wheels Thank this.
  6. big wheels

Oct 16, 2009
    florida-USA
    As of date. I have found do proble with covenant staff. They have been really helpful so far. But this trainer is about as far from a professional as they come. It is people like this trainer that put this company in the bad company list. Now I hope they keep this up and not let me down. Thanks rocks, I will give jody a call monday and just see if hes on the same page as i am on this new trainer. I got a feeling hes going to try to keep me on the truck. Just by some of the thangs he said last time i talked to him. I thank after not doing the pay roll right. Which almost cost my family a meery christmas. I hope this enough to show I need a new trainer, Im going to tell them i want a new trainer to see what happens. But i hope it doesnt take to lone before i rolling some miles away. If its to long i might have to bit the bullet and get in the truck for my family. With a strong statement(which alot of good it might do) to both the trainer and jody! If this trainer cant do his job in a professsional manner. I want out. Man i all most believed myself there. No Im not getting on the truck with him for his safty as well as mine. Yet you know what happens soon. Thanks for replying. Rocks

7. moreaujeremy

moreaujeremy Bobtail Member

Nov 23, 2009
    rockford il
    Big wheels i hope things get better for you.I am still at Covenant but will be leaving soon i think.I just need better pay then they can or will give and it is out there.I have done my time at low pay and now it is time to get better money.I truly have nothing bad to say about Covenant they have been good for me,and i'm sure they will be for you.Like i said to you in the past keep your head up and just get threw it, it is hard but over quickly.Hope you get a better trainer i know they have them.Drive safe and keep all 18 ruber side down.

big wheels Thanks this.
  8. jtrnr1951

jtrnr1951 Road Train Member

Just be careful not to jump from the frying pan into the fire !!!!! Ya know what I mean.......

big wheels Thanks this.
  9. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    $800 for $5,000 miles plus ? Less than $.16 a mile ? $800 for 10 days is good ?
    No wonder these carriers keep finding ways to get newbies to quit and replace them with another cheap trainee .

big wheels Thanks this.
  10. big wheels

Oct 16, 2009
    florida-USA
    rickg you are right $ 800.00 for 5000 is not what a exp driver would drive for. But as a new to trucking, For safety reasons I need to be trained by someone willing to train me. I'm not able to do it for free. so i'll all so need some one to pay me as i train. I look as much as i could . But being out of the panhandle of Florida there was no one willing to pay anymore. If i held out any longer for some thing better. I beleive i'll still be there waiting. After this training bit . I'll be able to ask for more money. Right now I have made more than unemployment pays. If there is someone hireing for more money i missed it. I do wish covenant payed more but they do not. I'll just try to hang on for dear life. Keep on a rollen. Until I able to make enough miles to be a exp trucker. Thanks for the info

11. big wheels

Oct 16, 2009
    florida-USA
    jtrnr1951 I hope i don't. This is some thang that has been weighing on my mind. But I tought about it. Im can just make it though this training and see what happen from there. But with improper training just two help the trainer make a quick $600. Then making a mistake that would cost me my job and my dac. But i got to say this trainer is really pushing his luck. If you know what I mean. "You got to stand for some thang are you fall for anythang." This is still the usa. Thanks for the tip. I chose my steps wisely. thanks

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.