CR England...Drive Life....What A Crock! Read this and BEWARE!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Split Filler, May 5, 2008.

1. Split Filler

Split Filler Bobtail Member

May 5, 2008
    Somewhere, SC
    Ok, I have read and researched CR England for about 2 months. I made the decision to leave a cushy job driving a flatbed to go to work for England. Man, was that the mother of all mess ups. I done the math, talked to any England driver that I could in the truck stops and figured that based on the numbers that I had seen and what I was told. That I could bring home around $750 per week on 3000 miles in the Lease program. Wait for it......It's coming........SMACK right in the face. Was I sssssoooooooo wrong. Heres the story from day one.
    Applied online, spoke to a recruiter that was based in Indiana, spoke to him for all of 15 minutes and never heard from him again. Rest of the time I talked to his assistant who processed my paperwork. Got my questions answered and after a week of waiting, I finally got the call. They gave me my bus info. which was a 40 hour ride to Salt Lake. Got there after an entire weekend on a bus. Hopped on the shuttle to the terminal. At first I was amazed at how nice the office and facilities were. Had a full blown restaurant, a fully stocked c-store, pool room and other ammenities. Then, on to the front desk to find out that the rooms were 2 or 4 or 8 to a room. Luckily they were booked up and I got a few nights in an actual hotel before having to stay in the hole of a hotel at the yard. Monday was ok, got to the yard, sat in the theater (all morning) got through all the paperwork...yada yada yada. Then went to the restaurant for my $9 burger. After lunch, I pretty much done nothing but try to get my foot in the door at the lease office to pick out my truck. Well low and behold, there were people there from up to 3 weeks prior still waiting on a truck. I was originally promised by my recruiter a Brand New Truck. Well, when i talked to horizon leasing about it. I found out that there was a waiting list for new trucks that could have me waiting on a truck for up to 4 weeks. So I decided that I would try to find a nearly new one or the best one that I could. Tuesday: sat through the same ole' class of safety and what to expect from the company (which was ALL lies). Wednesday: pretty much the same as tuesday......MORE LIES. Thursday: MORE LIES and oh I picked out a truck on this day. Friday: MAJOR HUGE LIES ON THIS DAY.....Lease signing day. So I signed my life away (literally) as well as the lives of my wife and children. (Oh I left out one key fact about their orientation.......YOU ARE NOT PAID ONE RED CENT FOR ANY OF IT!) Now keep this in mind: They will not tell or show you how they want "their" logs done....Until it is too late! SO after the life signing away process, I went out to my truck, pulled it out of the fence, parked and went to check out of their lil piece of hell on earth and stayed in my truck until late sunday evening. When I finally got a load, headed back towards home on the east coast total of over 2400 miles. Got the load p/u and headed east, got to WY and 80 east was closed, stopped for 24 hrs til the road opened and I was off again. Got my load deleivered on time, but I received 2 CR England major log violations in the process for speeding. Next load was a short hop drop/hook/drop at yard then off to get my third load and head to the house in the process. Total miles for my 1st week in the truck was over 3400 miles SOLO driving. My net pay for that check was $160.00 after fixed and varible expenses. I was pissed, but I endured and kept moving, next week was 3200 miles and net was $700. I was getting better and starting to get a good feeling about it. Third week: Screwed again.......2400 miles and net $340. My fourth and final week: Managed to get 1600 miles in, recevied a load assignment that would have put me at 3000 miles for the week. P/U the load and shortly thereafter received a message asking if I would pick up another driver at one of Englands yards and team drive with him on that load and they would pay me an extra $50. Now, I told England several times that I would NOT TEAM drive PERIOD! Not in a truck that I was paying for. So I sent them a message nicely saying that I preferred not to do it. Shortly after that I was pulled off the load and ordered to drop it in an England yard so they could repower the load with a driver that would accomadate them and the other driver. SO I did, waited for a while for another load assignment and nothing. I was close to the house and so I came home and here I have sit for a week and a half. So my net pay for week 4 was -$121.00 (that is NEGATIVE $121) Not once have they called or sent a qualcom asking about anything and they sure as hell havent sent me a load assignment.

Now, if your thinking about going with CR England? Think long and hard about and go somewhere else. Their lease program is designed to make them money, not you. You can make a little money at it if you are willing to drive constantly and never get home. Heres the break down Truck payment: $459 per week, Insurance $189 per week, Fuel Tax: .07 cents per mile per week, Variable Mileage Payment: .14 cents per mile per week (just consider this another truck payment every week) then theres your general reserve fund and everything else they nickle and dime you for. OH and dont forget they preach the Fuel CAP program. Well as long as your running on flat ground you can stay on the fuel cap. Get a couple of loads over the mountains east or west coast and kiss it goodbye, you WILL be paying FULL price for your fuel.
    During orientation, they tell you NOTHING about there logs and how THEY want them filled out. I went through a level 1 DOT inspection of my paperwork and passed with flying colors. When those logs got to the office. They slapped with an 11 hour violation and 14 hour violation "ON THE SAME DAY." Now those logs were checked by the DOT and passed! Go figure? As of my last trip pak going in I have a total of 12 violations according to their policies that were never told to anyone. They preach about their loads being on time and if your late. Once: U get a warning Twice: off dispatch for 3 days Three and your FIRED! Same thing for log violations.
    CR England PUSHES the lease program and they shove TEAMS down your throat from day one. There is even a pre-formed macro on the qualcom for "willing to drive as a team!"
    In closing, STAY AWAY from CR England and any trucking company they are connected too. They will rob you blind and put you into bankruptcy! As well as screw you over if you stand up to them and what you want to do.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. leannamarie

leannamarie "California Girl"

You researched for two months and still went with them?:biggrin_2555:

4. Split Filler

May 5, 2008
    Somewhere, SC

Well, I have always said that my mom only raised one fool.......Guess it was me!

5. leannamarie

leannamarie "California Girl"

Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude. I just laughed when I read that sentence. You are in good company, they have suckered in many before you, and they will continue to sucker many more after they finish bleeding you dry. I hope things turn around for you.

6. Split Filler

May 5, 2008
    Somewhere, SC
    Oh they will turn around, may take a few months to get it turned around. I have been sending out resumes and talking with different companies all week. Going back to a company driver and England can take their truck and stick it in their ear. Its sitting in the driveway, clean and EMPTY!

7. pawpaw

pawpaw Medium Load Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Milan, NM
    Maybe that is why grandma debi is doing so well; hse is teamed with Virgil. I took them off my list when I had a solo driver tell me that he had to get someone to team (hadn't found a person yet) with him in order to make it. Teams can certainly move the freight faster but there are those of us who like the solo life. I would consider teaming with my wife or one of my sons but no one else. Maybe they should be like Landspan who tells you from the git go that they are a team operation.

8. aladdin sane

aladdin sane Medium Load Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Towanda, Kansas
    As long as there are guys like this, Companies like CR England will continue to prosper. I'll never understand what motivates these people but, I guess they'll always be around. It's unfortunate too because it's a large part of what is wrong with this industry; These TL companies continue to recruit and screw less than intelligent people.. Somehow, someway, it's gotta stop.

Black Sky Thanks this.
  9. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    Leanna is right. You should have been able to make a better choice after two months of research. But it's water under the bridge now. Chalk it up to another fleece operator learning the hard way.

Whose driveway are you talking about? Yours? CRE's? Wherever it is, be sure to turn it back in properly, or your rip job won't quite be over with yet. If it's sitting at your place, ask 'em where to take it. Take it back there, have someone from the company check it over with you, keep a copy of the check list, and then take plenty of pictures. These guys will bust you with bogus claims if you don't check it back in correctly.

Good luck.

10. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    "Somehow, someway" will be sites like this one and billboards on the sides of roads. Hey, if Jubitz can advertise its truckstop all the way over near Elk Mountain.....

11. DngrKat

DngrKat Bobtail Member

May 16, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ

Here's the 'skinny' on CR England.

They are one of the most abusive and predatory companies out there. Even with the major (multi-million-dollars in fines and hundreds of employees' escrow accounts) lawsuits they are fighting right now in superior court, they continue to steal and connive from their drivers, especially their independents.

Ooida has a record of all these suits (Swift is included in the same suits) and keeps them on their website. I was there at
    England for orientation and left as fast as I could get a ticket home. I was in tears nightly as I listened to other drivers in the bunk house, telling me what was happening to them; many did not have a choice but to take some more of their abuse. They did not have a way home and were starving, waiting for England to throw them a bone. Some were driving 5000 miles and getting a $35 check. That's massive theft!! And they're still doing it!!

I personally met 6 women (in 3 days) who had been verbally, emotionally and even physically abused by their trainers, and were actually fired for it! And the trainers are still driving!! A local attorney in
    Salt Lake City actually has 48 women who are filing a class-action at CR England, for sexually abusive treatment and discriminatory actions. And these suits are on top of the big one they will be paying out, already! Swift too!

Their lease program, which they ram down your throat, is only design to make England money, not you! And your check will remind you of that every week.

I don't have the stomach to keep on here, but trust me. This company deserves to go down hard. They are abnormally heartless and will push you to the breaking point, expecting you to take their "this is how it is; take it or leave" attitude. Don't do it to yourself. Do yourself a favor. Ask around. Do your homework. Save yourself.

skullitor, iandrea and AfterShock Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.