CRST stoops to new low

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Lucy in the Sky, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Lucy in the Sky

Lucy in the Sky Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2015
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CJndaTruck

CJndaTruck Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Knoxville, TN (area)
    And this is new how? I'm not saying it's right. Just that many companies have that same exemption.

4. CasanovaCruiser

CasanovaCruiser Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Indiana
    Exemption and laws aside, they expect a trainer to sleep in a moving truck with a guy who doesn't even have his license.
    That says all you need to know about their priorities.

5. dngrous_dime

dngrous_dime Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Lansing area, MI
    "Many" companies??? Please, list some. I only know of CR England.

And what's the point of a RULE, if they'll grant exemptions?

6. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    I was going to mention the same thing...only other I know of is CRE. Doesn't mean others aren't out there...just that I haven't heard about them getting the exemption.

I agree with the ATA...the playing field absolutely needs to be leveled, and by that I mean NO exemptions like this for the large "training" companies. If you can't get enough properly licensed warm bodies to hold your steering wheel, perhaps you need to pay more and treat drivers better so they stick around long enough to actually move some freight for you. That unlicensed student isn't receiving much training if the only CDL holder is in the bunk sleeping.

Granted, part of what I heard the exemption required is that they had passed the skills test to receive their CDL, just hadn't actually got by the DMV to process the paperwork and get the hard copy. As with anything else in government, until your i's are dotted and t's crossed, it doesn't count. If the state doesn't have any record of you having passed the necessary tests, YOU DON'T HAVE A CDL and therefore should not be operating a CMV unsupervised.

7. Rusty Trawler

Rusty Trawler Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2016
    The big companies pay millions to lobbyists that are good at their jobs.
    It isn't the govt that makes and refines laws, it's corporations with deep pockets.
    The system is broke and will never be fixed cuz we don't count.

8. Broke_and_Hungry

Broke_and_Hungry Light Load Member

Feb 26, 2008
    Michigan
    I cannot comprehend how any reasonable person would think something good can come from this. Smells of greed

izifaddag and superflow Thank this.
  9. alghazi

alghazi Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2014
    I don't think the students who have completed school but don't have a CDL will suck any more than the students that actually have a CDL.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
    Bakerman, izifaddag, bzinger and 2 others Thank this.
  10. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Well it's good news for the husband and wife's that want to team together. I will stay as far away from their trucks as I can!

thekidsixer and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  11. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    So, if one of these "permit holders" kills a van load of college kids one night due to obvious CRST driver error, does that mean the family members can also sue the FMCSA administrators for malpractice and/or perhaps malice in criminal court?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.