Cummins isx manifold pressure sensor

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Walleye05, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Walleye05

Walleye05 Light Load Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Where is the intake mainfold pressure sensor located on 2006 isx cm870? I need to get it out and check to see if it's clogged. I'm getting engine light and it says code 419. Happened few miles after I got overhead and oil change done. I'm not sure what parts they took off to do the overhead.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
    Reason for edit: Change mainfold type to intake
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mountaingote

mountaingote Road Train Member

Sep 22, 2012
    Should be right on the manifold

4. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    On top of manifold,facing motor it will be the bigger of the two,should be on the right. Should be a 11/16 it will have the slide lock,pull on the red tab,it doesn't need to come out,just enough so you can squeeze the release at the top.

5. Walleye05

Sep 5, 2012
    Well now I am thinking it's related to the ScanGauge D that I just bought. It all started when I plugged that thing in. At first it was code 419, so I thought that the shop must have bumped the connector or unplugged it while doing overhead. So I pushed all connectors together. Turned engine on, no CEL, shut off. After i got my paperwork, I left, and CEL came up and it was 111 this time. 111 Electronic Control Module Critical Internal Failure - Bad Intelligent Device or Component

So now the CEL won't go away after few restarts with ScanGauge unplugged, so I'm home for thanksgiving. Going to fire her up again tomorrow morning and see if the CEL appears again. If its gone, I'll plug the ScanGauge back in and see if it trips the CEL again. If it does, I'm sending it back to Amazon.

6. GrapeApe

GrapeApe Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2013
    If it's not the scan gauge, First, check your battery and starter connections. From there, load test the battery's and check power and grounds at the ECM. I've seen some ECM power problems set that code.

7. Walleye05

Sep 5, 2012
    I had that checked 3 weeks ago, the batteries load test, and alternator as well too. I'm having poor power storage lately. If i have the fridge on, the battery will fall so low, after 4 to 5 hours The engine will barely start. But the test turned out well. I have cleaned the battery connections. I have not cleaned the grounds and connection to the starter yet. Will have to do that tomorrow morning.

8. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    It's possible they leaned on the wiring to the ECM.

9. Walleye05

Sep 5, 2012
    Didn't get any chance to do anything with the truck today. However I did stop by and check to see if the engine light came on, it still came on. I'm sure its still the same code 111. I will be working on it tomorrow morning, taking off grounds and clean it up re connect it. check other connections. Hopefully it will go away. If it does, will it be harmful to drive with that type of CEL on? I drove 160 miles home with that code and there was no issues at all, it performed the same as usual.

10. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    No harm,if the ECM is on its way out,then it could die at any time.
    Need to get a helper to watch cel,while you wiggle plugs and harness to ECM.
    If who ever did overhead had a big gut,it's possible they put their weight on the ECM reaching over to do the jakes.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.