Dayton Freight

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by cuttman, Jan 25, 2011.

1. cuttman

cuttman Bobtail Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Aurora,in,usa
    I would like to hear about this trucking company. Possibility of getting on with them, don't know alot about them.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Hey thanks for posting this. I was just on here researching the same thing. I have applied and interviewed at the St. Louis terminal. Around the STL area Dayton Freight is kinda considered the holy grail of the LTL freight boys, as they're notorious for treating drivers well and having nice equipment.. The guy I talked to was SUPER nice. It was a very relaxed interview, he just told me straight up what they were looking for. They're relocating and built a bigger terminal in St. Louis and are looking to add on personnel. I'm hoping to get on as kind of an extra board type deal. If they need me to run linehaul I'll do that or run P&D stuff around the city. I'll do whatever I need to get my foot in the door, as I'm 25 y/o and am hoping this will be the last job I ever need. We did not get into figures but he did say benefits are completely company paid for you and family which is a pretty cool deal I think. Lemme know if you find out anymore and good luck to you man, it sounds like a really solid company.

4. CRTTrucker

CRTTrucker Bobtail Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I know this is an old post...but.... nice equiptment???...really??? I have seen nicer yard trucks then the crap they roll around in.

5. BretStep

BretStep Light Load Member

Sep 27, 2011
    They are currently phasing out the Internationals and replacing them with KW's. From what I heard, International is no longer offering a Cummins brand engine in their units. There have been too many issues with Internationals MaxiForce engines. If your a driver, it is the best company to work for.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.