Dillard Environmental Services / Trucking

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Donavan1999, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Donavan1999

Donavan1999 Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Ukiah,CA.
    This company is located in Byron,CA. They have had a Sexual Harassment claim which they paid $85,000.00 to settle because of the owners being involved.
    And they do not pay you for all the work you do. Driver turn over rate is high. Because they run Interstate and fall under the Federal FLSA rule like any company that runs Interstate. Which means they can work you for up to 70 hours in a work week even if your not driving making money by the load or mile and not have to pay you for this time. A lot of trucking companies do this also. Before taking your next job ask the recruiter about the FLSA rule. And how much money you will lose running under that rule. They are not required by Federal law to pay you for down time under 70 hours in a work week. And if you do go over 70 hours in a work week they have to pay you Federal minimum wage or if your State has a higher wage they would pay that amount. A lot of drivers don't know this about the labor laws for trucking. Also make sure all company policys are in writing. If something happens and you have no proof of the policy you can lose wages on that also. This company Dillard Trucking has local drivers that get paid by the hour. And over the road drivers that get paid by the load. Now in the company manual it states everything for the local drivers. Such as over time paided by the company. Days off. They lay it out for the local drivers. Now for the over the road drivers nothing. It does not tell you that every week out you get 1 day off. or about the FLSA rule. What the company pays for when you break down or how many hours you have to wait loading or unloading before you get paid standby time. They do this for a reason to screw the driver and make more money for the company bottom line. So the next time you look for a driving job these are only a few things you should look for. A good trucking company has nothing to hide from their drivers. Every question should be answered by the person in charge of hiring. Remember something is wrong within the company if a recurter or dispatcher can't answer your question directly.

funky dirt hauler and LostOne9 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. funky dirt hauler

funky dirt hauler Bobtail Member

Mar 28, 2008
    San Jose , california
    Do not work for Dillard !!!! They are by far THE WORST PEOPLE TO WORK FOR IN THE DIRT BUSINESS!!! If you are an owner operator and pull their trailer they will dog you for months or longer and try to avoid paying you. The office personal will avoid taking your calls to collect your money !!! Super high driver turnover too. I worked there and found out the hard way and every time I hear the word "Dillard" makes me want to puke. Biggest mistake of my life was working for them. I hope someone takes them to court and gets them put out of business. Total S*-t Bags!!!

4. Old man 57

Old man 57 Bobtail Member

Oct 24, 2016
    You

5. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    Best post ever!

6. Old man 57

Old man 57 Bobtail Member

Oct 24, 2016
    You are all right Dillard will screw the driver on my way out of ther just got hit with dot points because they do not care about the driver or equipment

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.